Interchangibility between the years

biggercb

Jun 16, 2011
Are the only differences between the years is a switch to a 4 vs 3 wires coming out of the stator and the plastic?

Does everything swap between all years?
A swingarm, a-arm, steering stem, footpeg, gas tank, etc. from any year will fit any other year?

If I was gonna slap an 88 motor in a 2003 frame, would I swap the wiring too? Or splice it in to the 2003 wiring harness?

Can I run the headlight mounted in the 2003 cowling in conjunction with the handlebar mounted headlight? Will the lighting system be able to handle the load?

no every thing should be the same except for the 03 and up because i think they have hydro brakes and a diffrent style nose piece

Are the only differences between the years is a switch to a 4 vs 3 wires coming out of the stator and the plastic?

Does everything swap between all years?
A swingarm, a-arm, steering stem, footpeg, gas tank, etc. from any year will fit any other year?

If I was gonna slap an 88 motor in a 2003 frame, would I swap the wiring too? Or splice it in to the 2003 wiring harness?

Can I run the headlight mounted in the 2003 cowling in conjunction with the handlebar mounted headlight? Will the lighting system be able to handle the load?

Mostly everything swaps over second part yess all that fits from any year but 88/89's did not come with heel guard (or mounts)

If you use the older 88 harness you will need the CDI box as they are different from the newer style.

NO the stock head lighs are 35 watts, the stator is 55 watts can't go over that!

I'm not sure on the years but I think there was a change in spindles. 03+ had different frame brackets,brakes system, stater, TORS system,hood,headlight,carrier,foot pegs,foot brake lever.

7018-kgrhqvhjfie92ezwdtubpmv-8vmw-60-58.jpg

they changed where the lower a arms mount onto the the spindle

Last edited: