Intake need 1 gasket or 2?

BrandonH

Jul 23, 2014
Plant City, Florida
Just bought new reeds, and a gasket. The parts diagram online only shows one gasket between the case and reed block. The intake is in great shape.

I put the gasket on the reed block then intake. Did a leakdown test and it's leaking between the reed block and intake.

Is there supose to be a gasket there?

Also I NEED a carb is anyone has a stocker. Mine is completely shot. Got a hair to crazy with a drill getting a pilot jet out. Due to forum rules (yes I actually read them lol) I can't post a WTB add yet, but if anyone has one please PM me.

the rubber intake boot has a ring of rubber ridges that usually will seal against the reed block.
i also just had one that would not seal, even with sealant it failed a 3rd leakdown test
a second gasket and some yamabond between those 2 pieces sealed it up.
use a gasket and sealant if needed

Reactions: BrandonH
I will order another gasket and give that a shot with some Permatex Ultra a Grey (pretty much the same as yamabond).

The rubber in the intake is in perfect shape but I guess it just needs a little help. Glad I did a leakdown test.

Now I just need to find a carb and I can ride this thing for the first time

I will order another gasket and give that a shot with some Permatex Ultra a Grey (pretty much the same as yamabond).

The rubber in the intake is in perfect shape but I guess it just needs a little help. Glad I did a leakdown test.

Now I just need to find a carb and I can ride this thing for the first time

I have 3 banshee carb's, but I have no idea what you would have to do to make them run on a blaster. If you can figure out what it needs to make it run, PM me and pay for shipping.

Reactions: BrandonH and Awk08
I believe the Shee runs the same carb with different jetting,

It could pay to check if the cage is warped, over tightening will warp it!

I have 3 banshee carb's, but I have no idea what you would have to do to make them run on a blaster. If you can figure out what it needs to make it run, PM me and pay for shipping.

left sides with the choke can be used, the jetting will need changed.

The thing that puzzles me is the Choke tube crossover. What effects, if any would it have on the blaster?

i've heard of blocking of a crossover tube, but thought they meant the one on the intakes ?
any open tube between the carbs will need blocked off

The choke cross over tube goes from left carb to right carb. I think your thinking about the crossover tube, that can be replaced with the dreaded boost bottle.

I have no idea if the Choke tube needs blocked off or not to work on a Blaster.

looks like # 42 is the offender, i'd say, and heard, it does need blocked off, a vaccuum cap should work

YA-2GU110-7060.gif

I think I will take you up on that offer kind sir. :)

I wonder if I can tap the crossover and put a threaded plug with a little JB on the threads, and then also a rubber cap over that. My experience with those rubber caps was never good, they dry rot fast.

Ill use my stock main jet , and buy a a new pilot jet as that's the reason for me needing a new carb.

Also found this on here

Stock blaster, / banshee
Float height; 20~21.5 / 21~22

Main jet; 220 / 210

Main air jet; 0.7 / 1.6
Pilot jet; #32.5 / #25
Pilot air screw (turns out) 1.5 / 2

Jet needle; 5j22-2 / 5N7-3
Needle jet; P-6 (#345) /

There is a 280 main in it, 27.5 pilot right now. The pilot will need bumped up to 32.5 for your blaster, and the main depends on your mods. Send me a PM with your info, I'll get it out to you early this week.

Well there's the problem! (Pilot jet)

It was caked in cement like material and stripped, I took a drill bit and bolt extractor to it and cranked away. I could feel it grabbing so I kept turning.... Just to find out it went through the carb!

549A1E5B-4839-4120-B3EE-458101627E86.jpg

3E54B19D-DE8C-4983-9F78-A92161C8B0B1.jpg

Well there's the problem! (Pilot jet)

It was caked in cement like material and stripped, I took a drill bit and bolt extractor to it and cranked away. I could feel it grabbing so I kept turning.... Just to find out it went through the carb!

maybe you could add a second main jet to that extra hole :)
sounds like some quicksteel was used before to fix the stripped pilot, and the over all condition of that looks like poo ! good choice looking for another.

on another note, if you get a carb from dirty, dareal is looking for a choke assembly,
PR is no different than shipping to any other state
http://www.blasterforum.com/posts/744242/

Reactions: darealblaster