Installing bearings in cases

Fast6hand

Oct 10, 2013
West Palm Beach
So I went out today and located a very cheap toaster oven. I used this oven to heat up my cases to install the bearings. I monitored the heat with a thermal gun, and when the case temp reached about 300-320, I pulled the case from the oven. I had my bearings laid out and ready for what case I was doing. Then after squaring the bearing up, it literally fell right in. It was pretty amazing and super easy. The only bearing that gave me a little trouble was the pilot bearing for the clutch actuator. Other than that there were no problems . It's a very effective way of installing the bearings without damaging them.

If you had put the bearings in a freezer before you fitted them you could have stood the other side of the room and tossed them at the case and they would have dropped straight in.:D:D:D

Heat the cases, cool the bearings, makes for easy installation.

Tip of the day:: Never let the bearings come in contact with any ice, always place them in a dry container otherwise they may pick up moisture.

Good deal Fasthand! Its amazing what expansion and contraction can do. Hopefully everything else is coming along too.

I just did the same thing, except I used MAPP gas and put the bearings in the freezer for an hour.

Good deal Fasthand! Its amazing what expansion and contraction can do. Hopefully everything else is coming along too.

I just did the same thing, except I used MAPP gas and put the bearings in the freezer for an hour.
Yea it's coming. I'm just waiting on my cylinder, crank, and flywheel from KOR. Other than that I have everything I need. I can't wait.

Fast6hand bit random but my chain has come off and snapped the aluminium caseing what goes round the gear shaft ive ordered a new case is it just as simple as unbolting the old case and swopping or are loads of engine parts going to fall out if you could help me out that would be great thanks

What does that meen iam new to the site and still getting to grips my post has in removed y

You have posted input in 3 threads to date, possibly more as I have not perused much today.

Please keep to only one thread to avoid multiple answers which can lead to confusion.

By Parroting, I mean I am not going to continually tell you in multiple posts (neither will anyone else) the answers.

Keep to one post on the same subject!

Fast6hand bit random but my chain has come off and snapped the aluminium caseing what goes round the gear shaft ive ordered a new case is it just as simple as unbolting the old case and swopping or are loads of engine parts going to fall out if you could help me out that would be great thanks

Either listen to what people are telling you or throw the bike in the trash! You could always use the search button too!

Either listen to what people are telling you or throw the bike in the trash! You could always use the search button too!
Wifesblaster what are you onabout listen to what people are telling you all I want to no is how hard it is to change the case no pne has realy answered the question wen one minute some one says u just need heat and rubber hammer and nothing will pull out of the engine wen I take case out then they say its to big a job for me and do you not think I have tryed to do sone research if I could find a video what show the full process of removing the left case then that would be job done but I cant so I obviously am using this site if theres any problem with me using this site for trying to get help then who ever is in charge please feel free to remove me

There is absolutely no problem with you using BF for the information you require, but please keep all the posts on one subject within the same thread preferably started by you.

On searching BF I found the following.

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/blaster-engine-disassembly-vid.42997/

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/blaster-bottom-end-assembly-vid.42996/

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed.51169/

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/2-stroke-top-end-rebuild-very-informative.54199/

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with asking questions. But you can't make multiple threads about it. I'm pretty sure people answered you in the other thread. If you have never opened a bottom end before look at ken occonor on YouTube. He is a great builder and goes through the steps. If you feel confident take a laptop or ipad out with you and follow the steps.

Sheesh...this thread was robbed. I don't like getting into these things...but dang! Just listen to the info they're giving, it's priceless. Never would of got through it without this forum. All will be good. Be confident and you can't fail.