im the luckiest blasterforum member!!!!

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
so i took previous owners word that my blaster was jetted for the fmf for cold weather..... seeing i knew the guy...

well i finally puled the carb open to see what was in it for a main jet.....

I AM THE LUCKIEST MOTHER F'ER ON THIS FORUM!!!

you have all seen vids of my beating the hell outta my blasster...

well.. lrd pipe, shortened lrd silencer, k&n filter no lid.... guess what was in it for a main jet??

A FKN 230!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

do i count my luck as just pure luck that it hasnt blown up?? or do i give credit to klotz techniplate @32:1 pre mix that my motor is still in once piece and kickin ass??

so idk how some of you blow up top end after top end when my sh*t has been run dangerously lean all winter and so far all spring.. and rode hard!!

atleast u caught it now instead of BOOM later. do a compression test and see if it took a toll on the rings

the lean condition has probably taken its toll on a bunch of things, the motor may run now but it will be needing all new internals in the not too distant future...

i need to do a plug chop on the shee i just baught, it runs fine but i dont wanna take any chances.. and it couldnt have been that lean or it woulda been cutting out at wot...

yes this is the second time this has happend... my first blaster ran a 220 main in winter with no lid, a slip on and boyseen reeds....

plugs always looked mocha brown...

buddy brought over compression tester... 129 compression...... seeing stock is 110-130 seems mines pretty good

well if plugs were brown then your good to go

normally yes.... BUT i think they might have been brown due to me letting it idle and warm up before riding, and also leting it idle after riding hard, and i turn the fuel off and let it idle for a min or 2 before puttin it away...

we all know a 230 on a lrd pipe, and no lid/ k%n filter is disaster waiting

id put a fresh plug in it and test it, and as for letting it idle with the fuel off i wouldnt do that, running a 2 stroke out of gas is the ultimate lean condition.

the pilot is def good, you dont need a bigger pilot till more agressive mods, i used a size bigger pilot on mine with just a clamp on filter and no airbox, so if you get rid of the box then id say mess with the pilot

sure it isnt a 230 that was drilled to another size? i've heard of people drilling out jets instead of buying new ones.

as for people running lean and blowing them up all the time i dont understand how they do it either.... on every blaster i've ever jetted if i went even one size too small on the main it ran so sh*tty that i wouldnt even ride it and knew instantly. i can understand some not being able to jet perfect but i cant understand how they wouldnt know they were running dangerously lean. for me it seems going one size too big or too small makes them run like ass. the only way i can think of is if there main jet was fine and their needle was lean, because we are usually wide open and riding the main jet.