Im back another problem =( Blaster acting very strange.

You have to do some work on the Blaster to get the powerband to work. I think Yamaha forgot to put one in the Blaster X( First off it has to be running perfect even if stock. A pipe and some porting will be the best kick in the pants :eek: I:I

Yeah i have been thinking about puttting a new pipe on the bike i just havent had the extra money lately... but i did get a raise at work im thinking about a new one an what do i do for the porting? An i heard taken the air box off can make a differnce... but for the airbox lid off or drilled an the new pipe new jets to right?

yeah im not porting my sh*t my self... my bike will never run agin i guess i have to find a shop? is it expensive to get ported at a shop.

LOL...Larry complain's this thread is making his head spin, but he's taken it way off topic now. Focus Daniel San, must stay focused!!

i asked him about the powerband on another fourm he asked me alot of questions about the bike that i was planning on answering here so i told him hop on this thread an talk... but i will most defintally have the carb results an the reed cage results on here tonight as well as the condition of the pistion cylender and rings. then i have to buy a bottle of the copper high temp rtv that awk was talking about put everything back together just talked to slick ill be ordeing my leakdown tester tonight or tommorrow hopefully an then i can leak test the bike... also i will probalby get a compression tester from autozone wit that free rent a tool an i will also do that to while i have everything going... but look back here tonight im starting the carb as soon as i get off 4 oclock.

Carbs sqeeky clean boy did it need it sprayed everything out with compressed air... the main jet is 230 the pilot jet I looked everywhere I can't find the size guys the Reed cage I bought the night temp copper permatech to do it but probly wont do it till tomorrow my neice stopped by but how do I find the pilot size?

Carbs sqeeky clean boy did it need it sprayed everything out with compressed air... the main jet is 230 the pilot jet I looked everywhere I can't find the size guys the Reed cage I bought the night temp copper permatech to do it but probly wont do it till tomorrow my neice stopped by but how do I find the pilot size?

Damn, thought I replied to this earlier, hope things are getting glitchy. The pilot number should be between the threads and the holes that are cross drilled. Here is a picture of mine....
Pilot_Good_50.jpg

my pilot jet looks nothing like that at all.... its the jet that screws out the side the carb witht the flat head screw driver an has the spring under it correct an i no u told me but my jet doesnt even look like that its longer an pointier then that jet has no holes in the side of it at all an theres a runder like washer on it half way down the jet takening it its not suppose to be like that?

i used awks guid he put up here i cleaned everything chock an all but that jet i had is in the same hole that awks guid says take out an its not that jet also im pretty sure that i was running with no air screw i looked at the side reverse of the chock because you said it will be on the exhaust side an there is no screw on that side there is a larger threaded hole im guess where the screw should be in about the center the carb... i think i have my t.o.r.s box i have like dirty y shapped looking box that my carb cap is connected to alonge with a wire coming from the rear of the bike an the trottle is connccted to it that my tors correct... an what side of the carb should the oil injection plug off be exhaust side or carb side?

However my jet looks pretty much like the pilot jet in step three of the toutorial from awk look at that its page 5 of this thread... is it bad i have no holes in my jet i remember a couple people saying i should an clean them with a peice of wire.

What you are calling your pilot is your air screw. The picture I showed you is your pilot jet, your main jet is the smaller hex and your needle and seat are the larger hex...those three are inside the carb.

i used awks guid he put up here i cleaned everything chock an all but that jet i had is in the same hole that awks guid says take out an its not that jet also im pretty sure that i was running with no air screw i looked at the side reverse of the chock because you said it will be on the exhaust side an there is no screw on that side there is a larger threaded hole im guess where the screw should be in about the center the carb... i think i have my t.o.r.s box i have like dirty y shapped looking box that my carb cap is connected to alonge with a wire coming from the rear of the bike an the trottle is connccted to it that my tors correct... an what side of the carb should the oil injection plug off be exhaust side or carb side?

That is your TORS. Oil Injection will be on Exhaust Side. Air screw is on shifter side of the bike, that is the screw with the spring. Have you figured out how to take pics and upload them yet???

oh welll awks toturial calls it the pilot jet thats why i was confussed i will redo it X( so the needle it pointy pin i took off with the rubber tip that connects to the float? an the pilot is that hex that is under it? after i remove that phillips head? :-/ sorry to be such a bother i defintally though i had it right that time an how do i know where to set that needle back to then just as long as it conncets to the float?

uhm some guys just posted a pic it says i need photobucket im lookign into that tonight i left my phone at home today by accedent i was late getting up for work an alright well i have a tors removal thread from slicks signiture i will use if i wanna remove it is it worth removing?

oh welll awks toturial calls it the pilot jet thats why i was confussed i will redo it X( so the needle it pointy pin i took off with the rubber tip that connects to the float? an the pilot is that hex that is under it? after i remove that phillips head? :-/ sorry to be such a bother i defintally though i had it right that time an how do i know where to set that needle back to then just as long as it conncets to the float?

No, what you are talking about is the float needle and float needle seat (the part that's held in by the phillips head screw). Those control the inlet of fresh gasoline into the float bowl.

No, what you are talking about is the float needle and float needle seat (the part that's held in by the phillips head screw).

Thats what i thought so where is the other needel your talking about int he carb an the pilot even the toturial doesnt show them i wanna no my pilot size the inside of my carb has the main jet and the float needle and needle seat along with the floats i removed everything inside the float bowl an there was no other jets or needels what am i doing wrong:-/

Wait or is the needle you gutys are talking about the needle on the einside of the carb that the notch in the throttle has to hook back up to for proper instillation?

No, what you are talking about is the float needle and float needle seat (the part that's held in by the phillips head screw).

Thats what i thought so where is the other needel your talking about int he carb an the pilot even the toturial doesnt show them i wanna no my pilot size the inside of my carb has the main jet and the float needle and needle seat along with the floats i removed everything inside the float bowl an there was no other jets or needels what am i doing wrong:-/

This is a case where a picture is worth a thousand words and unfortunately I'm at work and don't have any pictures of the inner workings of the carburetor on my computer :(

I'll do my best to explain what you're looking at in words!

The carburetor, as it sits on the quad, is accessable from the left side of the quad with a large "box" screwed down on top, the float bowl and bowl drain tubes hanging off the bottom, the "inlet" towards the rear of the quad and the "outlet" towards the engine (stuck into the intake manifold).

The fuel inlet is on the left side (outside) running from the tank and the "pilot air screw" is on the left side as well under the inlet of the carburetor (it's a little brass screw kinda hidden down there!)

Everything under the carburetor throat (the hole down through the middle that the air passes through) is considered the float bowl. The purpose is to meter a constant amount of fuel into it so that the engine can readily be supplied with fuel quickly.

The "box" on top of the carburetor is the "tors" or throttle override system, box. The idle screw (that adjusts the lowest point of the slide) is up on the very back corner of this box. That "box" screws onto the top of the carburetor and has a little bracket holding the carburetor cap from unscrewing itself.

If you take the carburetor off the engine and look longways down the throat, you should see a "barrel" shaped piece in the middle. That's the carburetor slide. The carburetor slide is what meters the air coming into the engine.

Hanging out of the bottom of the slide is the "jet needle" (so named by keihin, mikuni might call it something else) which meters the fuel in the "mid range" area of throttle.

If you press the thumb throttle while looking down the carburetor throat, the slide should come up (allowing more air into the engine) and you should see the needle come up with it gently getting thinner as it rises.