Im back another problem =( Blaster acting very strange.

Alright so i get off at 2:30 today gotta go to the docs then im gonna go put some work in on the blaster. so this is the plans clean the carb take it apart clean all interior with carb cleaner except rubber peices.. so i spray jets? the blow dry with compressed air put back together then im removing the reed cage.... how do i do that? an waht do i look for... then last but not least visual check the pistion cyclender and rings for damge after removing cage?

Not only spray jets, use a bit of wire broken from a wire brush to poke any debris out, especiallt the pilot as it has some very small holes in the side.

Remove the seat from the carb, and thoroughly clean the passage where the fuel line comes in.

Make sure the rubber O ring on the seat is not broken.

Put some toothpaste on a Q tip and revolve it up in the seat , to clean out any varnish.

Re assemble and check the float level, 20.0 to 21.5mm on a stock carb.

4785-float-height.jpg
Pic courtesy of Awk08.

The reed block should just pull out from the jug..

I have a question, you state it is fouling plugs, is it blowing more smoke than normal, if so, is the smoke white and stinky.????

You can too pull the exhaust pipe off and get a better look at the piston and rings.

No not smOking at all I jus pulled the carb working on cleaning it... I missed where the long line runs to out the carb not the over flow the other line not where the gas comes from where's it go an thanks I'll post in a minute jet sizes an all an any questions I'm gonna clean it now.

An reed block is the 4 screwed to the left on my carb pulls from jug?

Yup.There should be a gasket in there , be careful!

When you put it back on, use some sealant and tighten bolts evenly.

Nip them up diagonally to just over finger tight, and then tension to 5.8 ft lb.

Although there is a rubber gasket of sorts on the boot, smear some sealant here also, as they can leak.

Reeds should lay flat to the cage, make sure the screws are tightened down while you've got it out...just a visual inspection on the screws will do. You're cleaning process is pretty well described above...by the time you put it back on, you will be our new carb expert. ;)

Not exactly I got it open an a pic in my phone I can't post but I took the for screws out off the bottom opened it up an there's 2 black things on a pivot I'm guessing that's the floats what do I do from here man. An anyone know how to post a pic from an I phone

Not exactly I got it open an a pic in my phone I can't post but I took the for screws out off the bottom opened it up an there's 2 black things on a pivot I'm guessing that's the floats what do I do from here man. An anyone know how to post a pic from an I phone

Thats the float.

There should be a pivot pin through the brass arm, take that out and the float will come off.

The needle should fall out from the seat, it has a little rubber conical tip, which must be in good condition.

Where the needle fell from, is called the seat and must be clean, it is a good idea to remove it to check the rubber O ring that seals it.

To post from a phone, use Photobucket app, I believe it allows you to copy and paste. The app is free to download, just search for it in the Play Google.

To post from a phone, use Photobucket app, I believe it allows you to copy and paste. The app is free to download, just search for it in the Play Google.

This was posted from my phone....you will need the color notes app to to copy and paste the link to from the photobucket app...then copy and paste to here....using long touches.
this is my carb. needle and seat to the right, main to the left and in the black hole is my pilot...look familiar to yours by chance?
Main_Jet_and_needle_n_seat.jpg picture by kdixon76 - Photobucket

yes ez rider yesterday i had trouble so i broke the blaster manual out an i got my carb broke down perfectly like that i just dont no how to remove the jets to check size an i dont know how to remove the seat to check the o ring... an i will check the rubber tip i plan to give it another go tonight i got fustrated at not being able to remove the jets an all the manual says is "remove main jet" remove pilot jet an no instructions on how to... the carb was dirty tho for sure it needs the clean i had my carb broke down perfectly like your picture i will try using photobucket to get my pic up i got the pin out an float off but not the seat... and the jets i couldnt remove them an where is the size located on them? thanks for the help an i didnt pull the reed cage like i said i got fustrated an i didnt wanna break my carb or reeds being rough

Yeah, what Blaaster said. If you clean the tarnish off, you should see the stamping. To remove the jets though, they are all metric sizes and they just thread in. The pilot is a screwdriver, small one at that. Not to sound dumb, but righty tighty, lefty loosey...and they will come right out, just like a wood screw. I:I

Yeah i think i removed the main jet last night without knowing it theres three jets right? ez anychance u could label them on ur carb pic it would be the biggest help ever then ill go do some cleaning tonight... but about reasembling the carb i tooke the trottlle stuff out the top the carb to unhook that was correct right? just screw it back on an where do the lines rin i know one is over flow one is to the pedcock or whatever for fuel an wheres the long line on the button run an do i need any sealant anywhere... if so what kind an where thanks for alll the help bye the ways guys

then on to the reeds.. then to see slick for a leakdown tester... an look at the pistion, rings an cylender. an hey blast the tip of that needle valve that sets in the seat should be round an good rubber? if not what do i do?

An hey whats the supporting member under your name i wanted to put a wanted add an it wont let me post in the marketplace cuz i need 150 post as a supporting member or a whole bunch as just a regular

No sealant needed.

The long line at the bottom just goes downward.

If the rubber tip is damaged and worn you need a new assembly.

The slide that goes into the carb top will only go in one way and must drop the full distance to the bottom of the carb

There is a little locating pin in the body that must be aligned with the groove that runs all the way down one side of the slide.