Ididdy's rebuild

of course i noticedB)

pics and vids of the dune ride please !!!I:I

I wish I could man. I rode it for ten minutes before the frame gave way at the front mount welds. Will have pics up soon for the welding experts on here. :(
It was the fastest ten minutes of my life though!

And here's the carnage. Any suggestions on the repair?

Left side
IMG_20120826_130806.jpg

Right side
IMG_20120826_130859.jpg

Only thing I can think of is half round tubing welded over the bad areas and a redesign on the front mount. Is that the best route to go? Also thinking of making a lower mount. I really didn't think it would be necessary but what I see tells me otherwise.

Either way a 1/4" plate mount like I used before is out of the question. Looks like it took way too much heat to mate the plate onto the frame making it fatigued.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to repair the bad parts on the frame or is it new frame time? I am also open to suggestions on a different way to construct the front mount.

I think the idea you had about the half round tubing welded over the bad areas and a redesign on the front mount , That sounds easier than buying a frame and swapping everything after you paint or etc

Damn! That IT motor must vibrate like crazy.

Those welds look so awesome and strong, I wouldn't think they would break!

Well still good that you got to ride it for 10 minutes. Can't wait to see the repair and videos of you riding that beast! (hint hint)

Damn! That IT motor must vibrate like crazy.

Those welds look so awesome and strong, I wouldn't think they would break!

Well still good that you got to ride it for 10 minutes. Can't wait to see the repair and videos of you riding that beast! (hint hint)

I think the welds were plenty strong also. My suspicions are that the 1/4" plate takes too much heat for proper penetration for the thin wall mild steel blaster frame to handle. I haven't touched it since I got home from the trip. I have just been thinking of different ways to fix it and mount it. It definitely vibrates more than a stock blaster! It's not that bad though. I hear the 490 is much much worse in the vibration department.