I need some re-jetting advice

*Quad*King*1986

Oct 23, 2011
Bucks county, PA
I know there's about 1,000 other threads like this but I have to ask it too... Okay so I just bought a 35mm PJ off eBay. My current mods are FMF fatty w/power core2 silencer, removed airbox lid w/stock filter, FLOTEK trail ported, I am buying VF3's tonight & a 1/2 billet spacer, I also have the +4 timing key (but I don't think it's relevant to my jetting right?), and of course the 35mm Keihin I'm trying to jet lol. I opened it up and it has a 155 main & a 52 pilot jet and the needle is on the 3rd from top I believe or it could be sitting on the second from top (it was like 2 days ago so I forgot sorry!) so where do you think my jetting should be around? I'm looking for a few good guesstimates. Thanks in advance

although i've never heard of a 35mm pj
my similar mods and 34pj runs a 45 pilot, "dgh" needle in the middle clip, and 155 main

your fmf should require a slightly smaller main than my right bend pipe should

Oh cool so I just need to get a smaller pilot and maybe change my needle too? The ad for it said it's a PJ and when I got it "pj" is stamped right on the side I also measured to make sure and it's a 35mm. One side was like 58mm and the smaller side that connects to reed cage boot is the 35mm side

Oh cool so I just need to get a smaller pilot and maybe change my needle too? The ad for it said it's a PJ and when I got it "pj" is stamped right on the side I also measured to make sure and it's a 35mm. One side was like 58mm and the smaller side that connects to reed cage boot is the 35mm side

changing the needles in these keihin carbs seems to be the ticket to getting them running right
check whats in it now, and i'd suggest a "dgh" or "cel" needle

Okay but also the ad said I need to replace the "needle stay" and when I checked it is kinda messed up. I'll try to post a picture of it (it's the thing that the throttle cable slips into and also holds the needle in place, to get it out I had to use a flat head and turn it 180 degrees. I'm not sure what's it's actually called and I couldn't not find a replacement on eBay either

There are no markings on the needle anywhere at all! I can't tell what kind it is? Does that mean it's the stock/factory kind keihin uses? Lol keihin carbs are a new world to me, this is my first time even looking at one in person

should be stamped on the side of the needle ????

It's listed under CPW's website as a "cable holder" thanks again for the links, but you know what's weird though... They didn't have the 35mm PJ listed either, but they said it came in 3 other sizes besides mine. You did say that you never heard of a 35mm PJ right?

What the hell lol I hoped I didn't get ripped off somehow! It straight up has the PJ stamp that sticks out a little bit then right next to it there are a few letters/numbers... Is there any way it could be faked? It looks official though cause it has the keihin "star" and keihin is stamped real big on the front like every other carb ya know what I mean? This has me a little worried.

Wait a minute, here's a crazy idea... Maybe I measured it wrong! Lol the ad did say 35mm though so maybe the seller also did it wrong. I only measured the inside diameter and It was almost spot on(it actually was a tiny tiny bit over) I used a digital micrometer. Im going to measure the outside diameter now & assure that's the right way & if it is I will put money on it that it's actually a 36mm lol. What do you think? Do you know the proper measuring technique?

i'm puttin money on it's a 34mm, and you and the seller are both whack !!!! LOL

f*ck off AWK your whack as hell!!!! Lmao jk man, no I just measured again and I'm absolutely positive it's 35mm ID and the other side that connects to air filter boot measured 54mm ID exactly too. Idk maybe I got the worlds first & last 35mm PJ haha. I swear to god though I did it correctly and measured in the correct spot. I wish I could let you look at it in person so you could check it out & give me your opinion :)

Maybe it got incorrectly stamped at the factory, or possibly bored wrong? Idk... But what I do know it that the carb Im looking at right now "says" it's a 35mm PJ. I may bring it to my local MX shop and have them take a look in hopes that they can shed some more light on the situation. Or if there's some way I can contact kiehin and talk to someone & ask if they have ever made it in a 35mm. It's gonna drive me nuts until I get this figured out.