i know it aint A TWO STROKE BUT...

jakerman02970

Jan 11, 2010
newport nh
PLEASE HELP AND SORRY IT AINT A TWO STROKE, BUT NONE THE LESS STILL A WHEELER! WHAT IS THE SPECIFIC REASON WHY A FOUR STROKE 1984 HONDA ATC 200 S would bog down when throtlle is applied. Idle and start up are fine. The carb has been taken off three times and cleaned with compressed air and solvent. I also ordered a new air mixture screw and spring but no change. I am missing something in the carb. It aint rocket science!
thx in advance

ummmm based on the respone, id say there snt alot of interestin anything but 2 srokes here. but if it were mine and there werent any changes made from the last time i rode it, id clean the carb really well,do a compresion check,and do a check for spark.fuel+spark+reasonable compresion should=bang. if it ran the last time you parked it, then id look for a sheared key.otherwise if all the components are there,i dont know what to tell ya. 2strokes are easier to diagnose the problem. but check that you have fuel, have spark, and if it doesnt sputter at all. id look to timeing on a 4 strock. wish i cud be more help, but i saw an unanswered post and wanted to give you something! if its bogging when your have it running,but dies out when you give it some gas, then id look and a jetting isssue. if nothings changed since the last time you ran it, then look to a dirty carb.

thinking alil maore about it, if its ideling fine and bogs when your give it throttle, id really start looking aat the jets. for some reason or another, its not getting the fuel it should when you crack the throttle. check you floats and clean the jets again with alot of care. it must not be geting the fuel needed when you open up the slide. sorry i cudnt be more help.

it depends did you make any performance mods to the engine or is the engine stock if you have cleaned the carb to no avail,no engine mods were made, the silencer core isn't removed then the carb may not be getting fuel quick enough to compensate for the open throttle there is a fuel filter inside the tank attached to the petcock disassemble and clean it if that doesnt solve the problem then it has to be a jetting issue. hope this helps!I:I

motor is pretty much simmaler to the 200x motors which iv owned 3 of, along with 200e big reds...

clean the carb again... put fresh gas and a new air filter on it... when you open up the carb, pull out the main jet and see if you can see light threw it... if not replace it or try to clean it...

my wifes 200e big red was the same way.. carb was dirty but ran decent at half choke