I had a fire ........

86_Notch

Feb 4, 2011
Sorry guys for not being very active here lately, I've had a run of bad luck. I looked for several months for an extended cab ford f 250 with a 460, 5 speed and 4 wheel drive ( this combination is not exactly growing on trees ). Took an all day road trip to pick up the truck on sat, drove it home , tagged it tuesday and friday night it burned to the ground in my pole building. I didn't realize that there was a recall on the truck warning that this could happen due to something in the electrical system. Talk about bad luck, also, because of an administrative snafu my insurance isn't going to cover the damage so I've got to fix this out of my pocket. On to the pics

427_zps3d1b1206.jpg

426_zps0f186e76.jpg

424_zpse0e9aab6.jpg

408_zps24fb06cb.jpg

418_zps30d4c5fe.jpg

429_zpsf739ec3c.jpg

416_zpscd12c84f.jpg

415_zps5c6c17d9.jpg

414_zps67c25455.jpg

412_zpsfb811e06.jpg

oh nooooooooo,
that really sucks bro
did it get the quads ? and were is the mustang ??

I sold my black mustang but it did ruin my project car. It was a clean 4 cyl coupe that I just had painted. I was going to swap in a mild 351 and have a nice street car. The old green truck runs fine and I'll fix it up. The quads have a lot of smoke damage and need to be stripped down and repainted along with replacing the melted seats but mechanically I think they're ok. All of the helmets were melted. I scrapped the truck and mustang and altho the building might not look too bad I've got to strip it down to the frame and put on new roof trusses , all new tin and windows.

283.jpg

287.jpg

Fire is a funny thing, It melted stuff all the way on the other side of the garage but there were magazines and papers no more then 10 feet from the truck that were basically untouched. Seems like the lower the things were to the ground the less they were damaged .

and how is it that your homeowners isn't covering at least the building ?

It's a long story but basically I didn't have coverage. I was bundled but dropped my auto ins for another company but wanted to keep my H.O. insurance. Apparently they dropped everything. It's my fault for not following up with them tho. Luckily the house didn't burn down or I'd really be S.O.L.

Thanks Neil, First, I've gotta figure out what's the best way to start tackling this cleanup .

Well guys, I gotta get some sleep, I'll check back with you all in a day or soo just to see what's been going on here.

man that totally sux if any kind of fire is good I'd would of wished it to be a flash fire this is just bad. thing is your gonna have to push or drag everything out and redo those trusses and supports as well and really leave nothing to chance man and wish ya the best

Damn dude, Im sorry to see what happened! That's a mess! But as a firefighter myself, I will say I've seen way worse, and when all's said and done, it could have turned deadly. At least nobody was hurt, and the damage can always be fixed with time and materials.

Sorry to hear this bro.I would be devastated!!!!! Hell I just remember you finishing this thing and posting build pics.I hope it gets better for you.

Reactions: Awk08
Damn dude, Im sorry to see what happened! That's a mess! But as a firefighter myself, I will say I've seen way worse, and when all's said and done, it could have turned deadly. At least nobody was hurt, and the damage can always be fixed with time and materials.
o yea it definatly could have been worse my uncle is a volenteer fireman.
Sorry to hear this bro.I would be devastated!!!!! Hell I just remember you finishing this thing and posting build pics.I hope it gets better for you.
yea I remember something about that to man bad to worse :(ut the most important thing is your all ok