How to shine plastic?!

PICS PICS PICS.... if you find pics of the before and after TORCHING id love to see them.. im tempted to just give it a shot!

here is one of the only pics i found rite off. I'm still lookn for more but you can see how pink the tank cover is around the gas cap.
4669-how-looked-when-i-picked-up-faded-spray-painted-hood-tank-cover-r-now-ones-red-gray-bike.jpg

these are the same blue and pink tank/nose plastics after a night of stripping and torching!!!
4667-red-grey.jpg
they were crusty faded pink!!! Find some old plastic kids toy and try it first!!!!

Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish is just as good if not better in some ways:

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/PRO-HONDA-SPRAY-CLEANER-AND-POLISH/?id=110516#reviews

SC1 FTMFW! That stuff is definitely a new bike in a can!

I'll have to pull up some pics this wkend, but here's what I've done to multiple plastics.

Since your in Bama, and I'm in Georgia depending on where your at I might be able to help you out.

1000 grit superfine sand paper in a forward motion, felt bobs w/ liquid abrasive for the edges
Followed by 1500 grit with the same method

Then I pull out the Makita 9227c rotary polisher and use an 8" optimum wool pad and optimum Hyper compound and buff at 1400 RPMS

Next I use The same compound on a special foam pad same diameter, and 1500rpms

Then I go to 6in CCS orange pad w/ optimum polish and run it at 1850 rpms

Then I pull out the PC7424 w/ a 6 in green w/ megiuars fine cut cleaner and run it till it's done.

Then I use optimum polish again with the porter cable, and another pad the yellow.

Then it's sealing time, and I prefer about 10 coats of a polymer type wax.

I detail as another hobby of mine, it's an obsession, haha.

Anyways, that Krylon stuff looks like a cheap effective solution to faded plastics.

What part of Alabama you from?

Sorry I typed it out before but it didn't post. When you finish polishing the plastics be sure to get some Rain-X spray for windows and wipe it into the plastics. It will keep all the mud and water off. Just reapply it every time you clean the wheeler. Works like a charm.

here is an old boating trick. if its sun faded a heat gun will bring back the color. easy on the heat and keep moving you will see it get wet looking and the color will come back. i do it to jet skis all the time. it works like a charm.

try it on a trial piece first. not alot of heat or you will warp it.i bet a hair drier would work too. jet ski hoods are thicker so they take more heat but i have done it on dirt bike fenders. and no it doesnt make them brittle . keep the heat moving. it takes alittle to get it going i usually use a circular motion once it starts to turn it doesnt take much

That triple thick glaze worked good for me. But if gas gets on it its gonna like melt off. Lol happened to me on the gas tank area. I haven't tried the heat gun thing yet but I will. And if u do the triple glaze, let it dry and hit it with another coat. Then when thats dried wipe rain x on it after every wash. It'll keep mud off and dirt so t stick to plastics as much