How to shine plastic?!

blastem

Feb 21, 2011
alabama
Alright, let me hear it?!?!?! whats the best thing to use, to get the shine back in your plastic?? favorite polish, household item, whatever... i wanna know what you guys think is the best product!!

here, its spelled tire, and color instead of colour.

another trick is to lightly work the plastics with 0000 steel wool and then brush on a little bit of orange glo floor wax

@Carnz...yeah, if i wasnt so broke i'd love to get new plastic... but for now im just tryin to find a temporary solution, for this dull red and black i got.

Ive got these armor all pads that work like nothing Ive ever used. If you want a few of them, throw me a couple bucks and ill ship some to you.

hmmm... that torch and sandpaper actually dont sound like a bad idea for some reason! lol... i might try that, on a (not so noticeable) part of my plastic.. thanks

you guy know the polish sh*t for headlights to get the cloudy, cracks and other sh*t out and make them clear. i wonder if you use that on plastic if it will help bring the shine back? i just did my headlights last night, took like 3 minutes to do them. and they look a lot better but not perfect.
only thing about this is you dont want to keep spinning the buffing ball in the same spot of you will burn the plastic. i might try this on the sh*t yellow plastic in the barn some time to see if it works.

cool no rush, i prolly wont do much with the plastic til sunday. i think im gone come up with a heel guard design to fab up this week, since i took off the old factory plastic ones...

Thanks for the link blasterkiidirl, if it works that good, ill def. have to get some... that would be the easiest way to do it by far..

We just took the the sh*tty spray paint off (previous owner) with carb cleaner and soapy water. then we made sure they were hella clean and took a propane torch and quickly passed over them back and forth like a painting motion. When u hit it u will notice the color change to more of a glazed wet look. The trick is to keep it moving and get the glazed look in one shot. if you stop and then start again it will leave a noticeable color difference.If this happens cool it and start over. DONT OVER HEAT IT!!!! let it cool down between glazes. we did one nose piece a lil long and it started to flatten out.lol I'M lookin for pics of my before and afters. It's freakin amazing how well this works to restore plastics. I literally threw my plastics in the thrash before my bro pulled them out and torched them.

After you polish them up, take some Rain-X in the bottle and spray it onto the plastics and rub it in. The plastics will never, ever, hold onto mud or water again if you do this everytime you clean the wheeler. Works great.