how much should the head be torqued

supposedly 20 -25 ft lbs. but last time i did them to spec they came loose and blew a head gasket, last 2 i did i evenly in a star pattern cranked them tight, havent had troubles yet

it's 20 for head and 25 for base, and my arm torque wrench (closely related to the ass dyno)
said cranked tight is perfect

i tightened mine in a star pattern and pulled two of the studs. but tomorrow i am going to fix it and ride like hell. well i have to get a new head gasket first.

the clymer manual says 20 in a star patern. then retorque a couple of times durring break in or just check it a few times the first few times you ride

i tightened mine in a star pattern and pulled two of the studs. but tomorrow i am going to fix it and ride like hell. well i have to get a new head gasket first.

If it was a brand new head gasket, and the studs pulled torqing it, take the gasket and put it on a gas stove on high untill it glows or a propane torch and it should be good

damn phragle... i already ordered a new gasket. but it turns out the guy i got the blaster from had already installed heli coils and i pulled the coils out. so i just re tapped it and was able to thread new heli-coils