how is a dg exhaust

moodyblaster

Feb 14, 2009
Va.
I am able to get a full dg exhaust for $125.00. Is this good and how is that exhaust. I bought the blaster with only a dg silencer on it.

I have checked around for prices and some of the other exhausts are pricey but I no you get what u pay for though. For the money though is this good. I really dont want to spend more money though

im running a stock exhaust with a answer silencer, boysen reeds no lid and jetted.. and its quick as sh*t with stock front pipe.. spend the money on some good reeds and ajet kit and ditch the air box lid.. and save up for agood pipe

i bought a procuit head pipe with fmf powercore II silencer for 150 shipped on here....a DG for 125...look for something better....DG's sound good but dont give u any benifits besides sound

U said that u run a stock exhaust with an answer silencer with boysen reeds, right. Well if i just change the reeds to boysen will I notice a bigger difference and how could I tell. Would it be in takeing off or top end speed.

mostly just throttle response, if you get a pipe, reeds, and a filter that will open it up and let it breath better
you can probably get a pipe for 100 shipped off here, then reeds are about 30 for boyesssen or 130 for v force. and a filter like a k&n or uni is cheap

dg is the worst pipe for a blaster i have ever seen ,its about same or even worse than stock

the reeds will give you that seat of the pants power feeling.. crisper throttle responce will feel like more power with out acutally gaining anyhting... so it has its benifits.. you can pick up a used silencer off ebay of off here and you will also notice a differance it throttle responce.. the silencer not only controls sound but does help with power.. i found something on here that explained silencers.. long thin ones vs short fat ones

don't waste your $$ on a dg pipe. or an fmf for that matter.
think about it, there's gotta be a reason why everyone's trying to sell their fmf.....
if you've only got 125 and you wanna spend it now, get a decent air filter, and an outerwears box cover. ditch the airbox and replace it w/ the outerwears and rejet the carb. and if you want, get the vf3 or vf2 reedcage.
the reedcage won't actually increase hp, but it will def increase overall throttle performance.

PLEASE, Please listen to the replys on here. STay away from DG for the blaster. Your better off saving that money util you can afford a better system.

back in the day i had a kx80..and a dg pipe was good on that.but like everyone said ...DONT BUY IT !!! there "old school" , they suck on anything newer and are terrible for blasters, comparable to your stock pipe if not a little worse..save your money and buy a good right bend pipe,(factory 7 ...etc) IMHO