jahrastapark

May 24, 2009
The Amazon
old K&N
oldkn.jpg

new uni
uniout.jpg

newuni.jpg

honestly how do you neglect your filter untill it looks like that???
why did you make the switch to uni???

ouch harsh. and honestly. i havent been on it in 2 months. its been getting worked on. and why did i make the switch to uni? well i guess i thought maybe i would check em out. people are very happy with em so i decided to try it. i was reading about having to rejet if you change to a uni filter. this true?

and at the same time, i dont see anyone else's filters....? im sure there are worse. you guys are like 2strokes man. quick to rip on people haha

i kno this sounds like bull but my buddy has a old 1982 rm 125 that he has the origanal airfilter on it still and i has only been washed like 1 or twice a year and he has never blowit up or anything the only thing we have done is clucht plates and throtal cable

mine is never clean cause i have a uni clamp on it has outa wear and i usaully dide in my back yard and its dry with no grass snd an inch of dust so it gets dirty in 10 min of riding my yards so dry ehen the wind blows dust goes everywear

people shouldnt get a K&N if there ganna be lazy.
uni filters clog easy when in dusty conditions.
the prefilter with the K&N keeps most of the dust off the filter

If it was running right with a dirty K&N, then you probably don't have to rejet. K&Ns, when clean, flow more than a UNI, so theoretically you should have to re-jet just a tad when you change air filters.

One way to tell usually if your air filter is clogged, if you jetted the bike with the clean filter (like you're supposed to) and it's the same temp and such outside as when you last jetted, if the bike idled fine when you jetted and now it doesn't, clean the air filter!!! Don't just turn up the idle and think it's fine.