hose from carb to crankcase

blasteraz

Nov 10, 2012
kingman az
i was pulling my carb off today when i noticed a hose going from the right side of the carb into the top of the crankcase. it had resistance on it when i pulled on it and wanted to make sure what it was or how to get it off without damaging it or something else

That little hose is the oil injection line, make sure you have not dislodged it.

They are little swines to remove, but it can be done by pulling the ferrule back off over the line and gently prying the line off.

They are desingned to be hard to get off.

It is best to work on the carb without removing it if you possibly can.

Premixing requires that the oil pump be removed and blocked off or disabled.

If you premix the jetting must be changed!

the one line that runs to the rear of quad has been blocked off. we just kept it on there while looking at the main jet.is there a good way to block the one off that goes to the carb. i premix at 32 to 1. the guy i bought it off says he blocked it off since he prmixes for other bikes already.

You need to find out if the pump has been removed and blocked off or the gear has been taken off the pump shaft.

If you premix at 32:1 the main jet should have been increased in size, what are your mods and jetting?

If you remove the 4 bolts holding the plastic cover onto the front corner of the clutch cover (right side of the quad sitting on it). The oil pump is located under that cover.

The "poor man's" way of blocking off the oil injection system is to remove the clutch cover itself, pop the e-clip off the delrin gear, remove the drive pin and gear from the shaft, and reinstall the clutch cover. Once the oil pump is no longer connected to the crankshaft you can leave it under the cover (the plastic one with the 4 bolts in it) and it won't hurt a thing OR remove the pump from the clutch cover itself and install a blockoff plate. The blockoff plate simply takes the place of the pump after it is removed so that transmission fluid is retained in the bottom end.

Ok I know the pump is still in there cuz the real small tube coming off of the right side of carb going to the case still on the carb will it hurt to just leave it hooked up like that if the lines from tank in back of bike and all wires are cut and capped?

Ok I know the pump is still in there cuz the real small tube coming off of the right side of carb going to the case still on the carb will it hurt to just leave it hooked up like that if the lines from tank in back of bike and all wires are cut and capped?

It will still suck air. Should be plugged IMO!

Ok so take the little black tube off the carb and plug the hole

Why not just run the oil injection? It works flawlessly,and as long as you keep oil in the tank,there won't be any issues. Its a system that is well thought out and durable. I have the system on two blasters of my own...one with lots of modifications (porting,head mod,reeds,case matching,etc). Two of my friends have blasters also. One runs the oil injection,and his blaster is a 91,and has had ZERO issues since it was purchased new (21 years),and my other buddy has his oil pump removed,BUT is going back to oil injection...probably in the next week when I get some time to put it back on (his choice).

Is your oil tank still there,or is it missing?

Here's a good read...
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-...o-lube-oil-injection-why-because-works-51335/

Mine was removed when I got the quad said it caused the motor to blow wasn't feeding the oil correctly so I'm joy gonna try and piece it back together just wana make sure e disconnected it right