Honda TRX 450 nerfbars on Blaster?

Dec 29, 2014
The Netherlands
hi,

I can buy some nice nerfbars off of a Honda TRX 450, will they fit a Blaster? (with some fab work of course)
has anybody done this before? I tried to use the search function but I could not find anything usefull.

I mean anything could fit with fabrication, your best bet would be to get some measurements of the 450 nerfs and blaster nerf mounts and see where you stand and what it would take to get them to match up. I would think they're much bigger though and would take quite a bit of work to make them right.

I have lt450 nerfs on my blaster, only did it for the built in heel gaurds and I got new $380 nerfs for $125.
It took considerable cutting and aluminum welding, frame mounts, and custom footpegs to get them to fit.
my CT pipe is now trapped on by the nerfs, (I have to remove nerf to remove pipe :( )
and my Toomey will not even fit as they were built around the CT.

not worth the effort if ya ask me.

As Awk said, it may not be worth the trouble. I did similar with Raptor 700 Nerfs and i had to change/weld new peg mounts, relocate a few things, and weld on tabs to the frame at the front so my pipe could fit. If you have free time and some fab skills than maybee give it a shot. Do like Pudvah said and take some measurements first to even see if there somewhat close..

I had done a set from a 660 raptor. Do what Pudvah said and take some good measurements. The biggest reason mine worked so well was because there was a lot more room to work with from my long travel suspension. It is a quite a project to get everything to fit and work right but I like projects like that. And I love the end result. And Awk was a big help telling me about how it might not let pipes fit in that well so I make my design so I could easily take pipes off.

I'm going to polish and sell them so I can buy a set of blaster nerfbars they, are in mint condition,
the heelrests are almost a straight bolt-up though...
tnx for all the replies

I'm going to polish and sell them so I can buy a set of blaster nerfbars they, are in mint condition,
the heelrests are almost a straight bolt-up though...
tnx for all the replies

here are the healguards from a Honda TRX 450 on my blasty, they fit pretty nice,
you can bolt them to the bottom of the pegs but the outside bolt won't be on solid,
I'm going to make a little ''bracket'' (a strip of aluminium with 2 holes in it). that way the outside bolts won't vibrate and get loose (as you can see on the left side)

IMG_20151020_134316.jpg
IMG_20151020_134344.jpg

Reactions: Awk08