hid headlights

what type of houseing would you put them in for the blaster

i would imagine ones that fit in the blaster housings...I:I they make hid/led bulbs for EVERYTHING in all part #s you just have to search hard. Also if only running one bulb with only one ballast, it should be fine at 35 watts mr. I'd say go for it

the way i look at it its 35watts for the kit both lights.....leds dont use much power
Kit Specifications:

* Power consumption: 35watts
* Voltage: 85V +/- 17V
* Luminous flux: 2800~3200lm
* Service Life: up to 3000hrs
* Input Voltage: 9V-16V
* Working current (Steady state): 3.5 A nom
* Ignition voltage: 24kV Peak Max, 18kV Peak Min
* Lamp Frequency: 450 Hz

the way i look at it its 35watts for the kit both lights.....leds dont use much power
Kit Specifications:

* Power consumption: 35watts
* Voltage: 85V +/- 17V
* Luminous flux: 2800~3200lm
* Service Life: up to 3000hrs
* Input Voltage: 9V-16V
* Working current (Steady state): 3.5 A nom
* Ignition voltage: 24kV Peak Max, 18kV Peak Min
* Lamp Frequency: 450 Hz

and dull ass regular headlights are 80w+ crazy. half the power use and twice the light output

no man i mean hids/leds are awesome, they use less than half the wattage and are 10x's brighter. I love hids i have 8,000-12,000k in ALL my cars and for 45 bucks on ebay you really cant complain about the price anymore, they were up to 300 for a set about 6 years ago. your leds are tight yb good idea

well guys i bought this set up for the brute and i dont see why they wouldnt work for the blasty im going to try it out...
has anyone else tried putting hids on the blasty.. they are only 35w.

CAR Kit De XENON HID H1 H3 H7 H4 H11 6000K 8000k 10000k - eBay (item 260557153354 end time Mar-23-10 08:38:04 PDT)

What are you gonna use as a power source though on the Blaster? I thought they needed to be hooked up to a battery. If you get them hooked up, PLEASE share because I've been wanting to do this for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend DDM Tuning HID kits instead of Xentec...DDM's come with a lifetime warranty that they will actually honor. You can get a set of DDM's for just over $40.00 shipped. I've read of a lot of people having Xentec's that burned out within a few months, and then have trouble getting them to honor the two year warranty.

As far as putting HID's on a blaster, I would imagine you will at least need some type of battery or capacitor to supply a constant power supply to the ballast. They would prob work without it, but it'd be hard on them. Maybe someone with an audio capacitor for subwoofers could try hooking it to their blasty and seeing if it caused the light to be bright all the time, and not only at high revs. If that would work then HID's would be a pretty easy upgrade and definitely help you see at night.