Help with swingarm !!!

TJsBlaster

Mar 14, 2008
ok i stripped down the blaster and took everything to the powder coater . He says he cant do the swingarm because there is a bushing inside . How do i remove this ?? I havent gotten it back yet to check it out but what do you guys suggest ??? And about what chain length do i need for a yb extended plus 4 ? Thanx for all your help guys :)b

he should be able to tape over the ends and coat it no problem. the bushings just press in anyways. theres bearings in the too...... pobably be good maintainance to just drive the old bushings and bearings out and replace them anyways.

he shouldn't powdercoat the insides where the bushings and bearings are installed , because when you drive in the new bearings it will crack the coating there . and make it harder to get the bearings in , unless you freeze them to shrink them . just tape over the openings and no issues . if you don't tape over threaded fittings welded to the frame , you'll have all kinds of problems with the pc in the threads , and getting it out is a pain.

I'm a coater...tap them out and replace. Withstanding 400* temps with those bushings would be impossible. As far as the holes go, they have silicone plugs for those, which i have and use alot such as threaded holes or anywhere I don't want powder getting into. I use high temp tape for studs and any machined surface. But yeh...take the old out and get new...preventative maintenance too. Can get the whole set of bearings and bushings off ebay for as little as $30. If he refuses it then, tell him piss off and send it to me.