help with AWK's brake setup.

This is the whole setup....

2emon5s.jpg

awsome fab work bro !!!!! i even like how it sits more forward so if anyone hits you from behind the caliper is safe
so lemme get this straight, cut off both stck spacers, then the front caliper hole bolted right to the stock bracket on the carrier, then the small bracket for the back mount

That is correct, I cut both of the spacers off and ground everything down nice and flush. The front bolted right on and the rear used that little bracket. I rode it around for a little while today and it seemed to hold up pretty well so far, I'm going to ride next weekend and I will know if it will really make the grade I:I. Thanks for all the help and i will return that pedal to you.

BTW just for future reference the small bracket was made from the caliper bracket you sent me, I used one hole and drilled another for the caliper. The holes are exactly 1" apart (center to center), it gave the caliper just enough clearance so I wouldn't bottom out on the rotor and still allowed it to line up center. it's always another kit you could offer allowing someone to modify their carrier but you can assemble the setup. and how did you get your carrier to look so good painted? what kind of paint did you use?

Last edited:
how did you get your carrier to look so good painted? what kind of paint did you use?

thanx for that info bro !!!!! but like i said, this was the first out of over 50+ that was used on a 03+ carrier

and you talkin bout the green carrier in my brake pics ???? or my new carrier ?????
the green one is my sons bike, and the pic was takin right after the paint job, so was still nice and shiny, it was some pastel green color from ace hardware
if your talkin bout my new rear carrier, thats a polished billet aluminum rad carrier

Right on it was hard to see if it was paint or not. There is always a first for everything, i'm just glad that it worked out and I have a sweet ass set of rear brakes now since the stock ones haven't really worked in years :D. Thanks again for everything