help with AWK's brake setup.

Sabin1269

Feb 19, 2011
Great state of Maine
I just got AWK's brake setup today and everything bolted up ok except for the caliper and bracket for it. I have an 04 which already had the hydro brakes on it, I'm assuming it's because of my carrier being different, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and any solutions?

awks brackets are made for a pre 03 blaster. use the mounts already on the quad for the master. use his bracket on one of those for the rezzy and you are probably going to have to make your own bracket for the back. did you tell him it was an 04 when you ordered?

I did, the setup is awesome and he had already figured the master mounting situation out when he built it for me. I think I have it figured out, it looks like I'm going to have to modify my carrier a little bit for it to work. Anythings better than the stock setup however. lol I:I

I already have a bottle ready to go :) Looking at it I have to cut the two spots that the original caliper mounts too and just buy a few new bolts and I think it will work pretty slick. :)

dude, do not modify your carrier, until futher notice !!!!!!!!!!
i just pm'd you telling you i have access to an 03 carrier tomorrow, and i will make a bracket for you, and ship asap, it must have slipped my mind you had an 04 carrier, becuase most guys who already have the hydro frame, just use blaster or banshee hydro's, you are the first out of about 50 to order my set-up for a hydro framed blasty,
but i will make it right, one way or another, asap,

Last edited:
Just make sure you use loctite Blue on the mounting bolts when you install it.

no need for locktite on my set-ups, they come with all new nylock nuts, and my old setup was off and on my bike numerous times over the 2+ years it was on there, with zero locktite and zero problems with loose bolts

No I planned on waiting until tomorrow when I hear from you, I was just responding on what appears to be the possible solution. It's way to dark out to work on anything anyways B)!

also if you cut off those 2 spacers i think your talkin about, the bolts i sent you should work
but i'd hold off till i contact you tomorrow after seeing the 03 carrier i gave to tater

No I planned on waiting until tomorrow when I hear from you, I was just responding on what appears to be the possible solution. It's way to dark out to work on anything anyways B)!

cool, i'll holler tomorrow afternoon with the solution, cut the spacers off or new bracket comin at ya !!!!!!

no need for locktite on my set-ups, they come with all new nylock nuts, and my old setup was off and on my bike numerous times over the 2+ years it was on there, with zero locktite and zero problems with loose bolts

My bad. I forgot about the lock nuts.

do not cut your carrier, my bracket will not fit the 03+ carrier, i just try'd at taters, it needs to be 1 inch longer, and the holes are 1 7/16th;s wider apart, i will make and ship you a new bracket tomorrow, it will need to bolt on the inside of the carrier mounts, not the side with the stock spacers, and also may have to use longer bolts for the caliper and space it over with some washers

Hey guys figured it out. I did have to cut the spacers off because the caliper would never have fit on the rotor with them in the way. Just had to modify the rear bracket and put the swivel pin where the brake pedal and master meet and were all good, finally rear brakes that work. Awk you build a great setup and after all the headaches I appreciate all the help. The pedal will be back in the mail tomorrow.

pics of what you did are a must, cause this is the first time that i know of my brakes have been applied to an 03+ carrier
i would like to know for future reference

I will try and post some pics for you, I guess my camera is too good because all of the file sizes are way to big to post on the site. give me a few and I'll let you know.

resize them with a pic veiwer program, i use irfanveiw < google and download it
good little program

lets try this this is the bracket.

w1px00.jpg

After cutting the spacer off, this is the top or front caliper bolt, I was able to just put the bolt through and it sat square on the caliper.
15wxitu.jpg

Last edited: