heal guard options

cryptic

Feb 28, 2012
wisconsin
ok the picture explains the problem anyway
i would like heal guards but would prefer somthing in the lines of what comes stock do they make anything metal to mount behind the heal guard for mud and sticks or is it just the plastic ones that you can get if so what heal guards are good strenth wise but still have somthing to block the mud

after riding the gfs today couse im waiting on my new axle i realized how nice it is to be able to set ur heal down once and a while but mine never came with guards so i need somthing if i have to ill buy the foot boards and the plastic guards but would much rather somthing metal that wont just break off

if anyone here is able to make an aluminum or sheet metal version of the stock ones that would be freekin awsome the mud guards that is

Attachments

• IMAG0111.jpg
    IMAG0111.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 189
You can do very minor modding to raptor heel guards and mount them up.
zsonf7.jpg
5wedxe.jpg
You can do a search for more pics and info.

ya i read that alot to but im looking for somthing more useful not looks good and i dont like the idea of plastic gfs has gotten busted up pretty fast so i wanted somthing metal that if it gets bent i can straiten it

ya i read that alot to but im looking for somthing more useful not looks good and i dont like the idea of plastic gfs has gotten busted up pretty fast so i wanted somthing metal that if it gets bent i can straiten it

I made these from steel for my sons blasty, they bolt to the pegs and use the fender mount for the back on the kicker side and I had to make a mount on the other side on my 89 as that year didn't come with heelguards stock. or I would of used the stock heel guard mount!

img_0010.jpg

These are the ones i made for my new build a little bit better build this time- and powdercoated!
823f4500.jpg

anyway i got my axle in today and got everything back together and dam is that axle long it widened the back by atleast 6 inches if i remember right when i mesured it stock on the other blaster was 8 inches shorter (outside of tire to outside of tire) so now when i go through mud it doesnt hit my feet i didnt have much of a chance to try it out today tho but it seemed like the tires where throwing the mud just outside of where my feet sit when i actually use the foot boards ill take a picture tomarrow of it and throw it up