Head torque

Edddyjoe

Dec 20, 2014
UP of MI
The correct torque is 20 ft lbs. My pretty decent quality torque wrench starts at 20 ft lbs. Think I am safe with that?

My past experience with 2 strokes is they need new piston and rings quite frequently. From lurking here I see that is only the case if you don't do sh*t right. I wanna do sh*t right, LOL.

Should be alright, as long as the calibration ain't way off. ^^^ That's what we like to here!!

Thanks all. I picked this bike up with the intent to flip for some profit. But a couple trips around the yard and the drive (1/4 mile) this little thing is a blast. Maybe where the name came from? LOL

which torque wrench we talking about?
put it this way most car spark plugs are at 18ft lbs?
if it is a huge torque wrench, like i have it seems like little when you are doing it cuz/of the lever on the long handle:)

I convert all the low number torque settings to inch lbs and use an inch lb torque wrench.

ft lbs X 12 = inch lbs.

My past experience with 2 strokes is they need new piston and rings quite frequently. From lurking here I see that is only the case if you don't do sh*t right. I wanna do sh*t right, LOL.
They only need new pistons and ring, as you said if you don't do it right..

I have a top end in my shed original 2006 with countless hours on it and the crosshatching is still visible in the bore.

Jet it correctly, throw plenty of good oil at it and it will run for many a hard hour!