head gasket helpppp

rchagan78

Jan 2, 2013
Alexandria La
Today i was riding my 03 blaster an it lost all compression and died, its just been rebuilt an only has 18 hrs on it. i think its the head gasket, how could i tell without tearin down the motor. All replys are greatly appreciated!!!

Compression test.

May pay to pull the pipe off and look at piston up the exhaust port.

Could have been caused by a meltdown.

was it leakdown tested, properly heat cycled/bolts retorqued and break in procedure before those 18 hours were put on it ?

yeah it was all done i assume, i got it from a good friend an he had it rebuilt. after awhile of searchin we noticed the spark plug had came loose. put it back in an tightened er up an she runs like a champ again. thanks for the help though guys!!

If the spark plug has loosened out I would be checking all the other top end nuts and bolts for correct tension.

There is no excuse for a properly tensioned plug to loosen out, makes me wonder if the head and jug bolts have been tensioned correctly.

Never assume anything, do a leak test now it may save you a few hundred dollars.

I would still check everything AND do a leakdown test. Backed out plug is also a sign of detonation, tho stock head design might be less prone to it. If everything else checks out good I would still do a plug chop. List all of your modifications on it.

I would still check everything AND do a leakdown test. Backed out plug is also a sign of detonation, tho stock head design might be less prone to it. If everything else checks out good I would still do a plug chop. List all of your modifications on it.

Thanks for jogging my memory Larry, completly slipped my mind.:-[