Have any of you ever flipped your front tires for more width?

0_o

Jan 11, 2011
Colorado Springs
another free thing you can do is take the front wheels off, turn them around and mount them to where you have more width in the front. you get more stability in turns with a wider stance in the front. plus they will still be narrower than the rear, so no worries wrapping an A arm around a tree.
yeah it could wear the wheel bearings out a little quicker (so far no problems with mine, they have been turned around for 3 years and i get alot of air) but the wheel bearings are dirt cheap.
I have upgraded alot on the two blasters i have.
as well as...

is that true? i was looking for reviews on BBK and i came up on that , does anyone have pictures of how it looks?
Blaster Big-Bore Kit - ATV Forums at ATV Rider Magazine

In a simple answer... Yes, alot of people have. Its a cheap effective "mod" that will only take you a few minutes. It just increases bump steer.

but the answer isn't that simple, depending on the year of his blaster, you can not just flip the rims. reason i said search. all this info is on the site and there are lots of pictures of people doing it.

if you are pre 03 its a simple swap but if you have a facelifted version, the valve stems hit the calipers, even with the little stumpy ones in. so unless you relocate the valves or can find some very very short ones, i dont think it can be done on a post 03 blaster with stock rims

mine are flipped.. as long as u have drum brakes u can do it. makes it 1 inch wider per side so 2 inches total in front. i swapped my rear hubs to banshee hubs and used banshee rear rims ... flipped those to match the front. wider and more stable. personal preference though.

mine are flipped.. as long as u have drum brakes u can do it. makes it 1 inch wider per side so 2 inches total in front. i swapped my rear hubs to banshee hubs and used banshee rear rims ... flipped those to match the front. wider and more stable. personal preference though.

i measured before and after, i ended up getting 4 inches wider in the front total. hmmmm. do you have aftermarket rims?

I run flipped wheels on a post 03 with 35mm wheel spacers. 2 metre high jumps and some heavy landings, no probs yet except for bump steer.

I did mine the first day I had it. I like the extra width...but we will see what negative long term effects arise from the added stress. Bearings are cheap....so as long as it doesn't hurt the spindles or anything .