Goddam quad wont work right still.

Cmh156

Feb 18, 2009
Austintown,OHIO.
Alright got her running good now,but when i went to drive it around it has like now power at all it goes reallly slow. What the hell is my problem,i hate this quad more than anything.

try cleaning the carb, and while your at it. check your reeds... my bike idled fine and reved up in nuetral but as soon as id try to take off..it would just bog down and stall, My problem came to be a broken reed

try cleaning the carb, and while your at it. check your reeds... my bike idled fine and reved up in nuetral but as soon as id try to take off..it would just bog down and stall, My problem came to be a broken reed

Just cleaned the whole carb before i put it on,running a 260 main which seems perfect. And last time i seen the reeds they looked decent,if my reed broke and went into my motor will it mess it up?

well im not going to say that it cant..but mine have broken off and ive never found them and have never had a problem....i pulled my cylinder and head off...and i had no markings or scratches on either....but it definantly sounds like your reeds are either broke or cracked

Dang it i just put a sh*tload of money into it already too. Going to check them out in a bit,what should they look like? Would it be best for me to get pics? Ive never had reed problems.

reeds should be laying flat against the cage, with no chips or cracks, also check my latest problem, causing me some serious bogging prob's....... pull that stock header, and bang it around a little, apperently theres a cone shaped thingy in there that can break loose and clog your pipe, you'll hear it if its broke, i'd also open up the silencer and check for obstructions

reeds should be laying flat against the cage, with no chips or cracks, also check my latest problem, causing me some serious bogging prob's....... pull that stock header, and bang it around a little, apperently theres a cone shaped thingy in there that can break loose and clog your pipe, you'll hear it if its broke, i'd also open up the silencer and check for obstructions

Silencer is new.. And i already got the sh*t out of my pipe,that was one of my main problems,now my damnn reeds.

boyesen power reeds are 40 dollars for a set..they are a dual stage reed..best bang for your buck...I have them in my bike and they work great..

hopefully its only reeds, there not that much for just new petals

Well i didnt have time to take a peek,but im going to pic some new reed petals up tomorrow. It has to be the reeds since the whole motor was looked over by a builder and he said everything is nice,pipes arent clogged,and the reeds are pretty old. Right now there is boysen dual stage ones so if i put the same in my jetting shouldnt have to change? Correct?

reeds wont change the jetting, so any ones will work, and i have had problems with a boysen reed before, breaking out in the middle of nowhere, where's the stock ones you took out??, thats what saved my ass that day, kept the stocks in the toolbox for spares

reeds wont change the jetting, so any ones will work, and i have had problems with a boysen reed before, breaking out in the middle of nowhere, where's the stock ones you took out??, thats what saved my ass that day, kept the stocks in the toolbox for spares

I bought it used and it came with these on. Whats a good set for a stock cage? Im not buying vforce 3's since im gettting rid of the quad.

i have boyesen power reeds, i have had no problems with them what so ever, theyre cheap and reliable