gncc racing

the first thing you will want to work on is the suspention.. You can do all the motor work you want and have one kick ass motor BUT you wont be able to use all that power if you can stay on the bike b/c of the sh*tty shocks. The stock shocks will beat the hell out of you so power is nothing it you can't keep it on the ground.
Very true! I'd hate to run a whole xc race with the stock shocks. Thats why Im waiting on the other ones to come in before I even think about doin a race. lol. Quick question from me tho.... On a stock width blaster but with some goood shocks, like works piggyback rear and works piggyback fronts set up for my weight. How would this do in xc?? Should I widen it some more with a banshee axle and +2 arms or keep it stock width?

Cool. I got a banshee axle on the way. Now I gotta see what Im gonna do for the front. I wish I could find me some good +2 a arms for pretty cheap. lol.
Also, the front drum brakes. Has anybody raced with those and have them fade after a while? Im wanting to go to hydraulic but i dont know if Ill have enough time to get all the parts and get it done.

Just keep them clean, and lubed... They will be fine... yes they aare more maintenance than Hydros, but they work.

Just keep them clean, and lubed... They will be fine... yes they aare more maintenance than Hydros, but they work.

I agree but... I can say for experiance that i rode my blaster for about one year with "dumb" brakes, with no major problems...
And then i got myself a nice Banshee hydro brakes, theres no way you can compare drum brakes and hydros.

So, you can use stock "dumb" brakes BUT you´de be 200% better off with some hydro´s.

Re: Banshee parts for Blaster

Hello
if you guys need Banshee brakes for the blaster, I sell TONS of Banshee parts

eBay Store - Banshee: Yamaha, parts, used

rear banshee sealed caliper/master - $120
rear rotor/hub - $20
rear swingarm - $35
rear carrier - $60 with bearings

Glad to see you in here Ray, im sure some Blasters will get some upgrades now.

I can honestlly say i got my front setup from Ray and im 100% sastified.. he even shipped it to my location... AZORES Islands

Do i trust him? Ill just say i bought everything whitout seeing pictures of the parts i bought, i went only on his word... and his trully a man of his word.

Thanks again Ray

Well the Blaster ran its first race and did great at the start against a field of mainly 450's. But the thumb throttle started killing my thumb to the point where I was almost a rolling road block after only the 1st lap.lol. Is there any other thumb throttle i can use like a dual gasser or maybe try a honda thumb throttle? I cant find anything on a different throttle besides a twist and I dont want that. Somebody please point me in the right direction!

I believe moose has an easy pull thumb throttle and cable setup you can buy, problem is I think it was like $100. Denniskirk was where I saw it, they also sell just extended thumb levers to give you a little more leverage and less fatigue.

I'm thinkin about trying the twist throttle, I've raced xc just fine on thumb throttles but several of my friends seem to be really satisfied with the twist throttle, and their a lot cheaper than an easy pull setup.

Im good with the thumb throttle too, Im just real picky i guess. I had a dual gasser on my 400ex i raced last year but it still wasnt enough. I wound up heating up the thumb lever on it and bending it so it wasnt at as much of an angle and closer to the grip. After that I never had another prob with my thumb going out. Im gonna have to see about that Moose throttle, its 100 bucks but it'll be more than worth it to me! But what about the Honda throttle tho? I still have the stock one off of my old 400ex..Is there anyway that would work??

Ok i just tried the 400ex throttle and it fits right up to the stock throttle cable. The ergonomics seem a lil bit better than the stock throttle but there aint really anyway to tell until I go out ridin. I'll keep yall posted on it!

Ah I found it but it only works on yfz's and 450r's Moose Easy Pull Throttle - DennisKirk.com I've felt the pull with one of these on my friends yfz and it is considerably better, it's nice but for $125 it's not worth it for me
It should work on the blaster then b/c the dual gasser I had was for both 400ex's and 450r's. The ends of the throttle cable's are identical where it connects to the thumb throttle assy.
$125 is steep for that tho, I thought they went for like 70 or 80 something. I might even try going with a trx90 throttle before spending that kinda money! lol. They're supposed to be better than the stock 400ex and 450r throttles.