gncc racing

tcoop474

Apr 15, 2009
alabama
i am thinking bout racing around alabama next year like in georgia, tennessee, florida, southcarolina, and mayb northcarolina and west virginia. but heres the problem im 18 i grad high school next week then i start college in the summer. then theres the econ it suck and i cant find a job X(. so everything i do is gonna have to b cheap. what would yall say i might need to look into i was reading the rules some of them are confusing. does my motor have to b stock displacment? and what do i need to race like gear wise any suggestion greatly appreciated

o yea im definatly hitting up georgia the Aonia Pass race seems awesome i was looking and they usually have 1700 riders so im definatly gonna race in that one ive been looking and ill prolly b the only one running stock suspension lmao unless i get some money for 400ex rear shocks and fronts

ight thanx i have most of that i need to buy a tether when i get money and chest protector and pants i got a jersey boots helmet goggles gloves. what about displacement does it have to b stock??

i believe it does i know that the D6 up my way it is 91-200CC 2 stoke 91-300cc 4 srtoke and thats AMA rules so if it amam than yeah and i would deffinitly do something suspension wise before starting

well im thinkin bout doing those ltz fronts would that b an upgrade? and so i guess ill ahve to resleeve and go back down to stock then huh?

it depends on the classes. like 245stroker runs in the open class. if you want to run in the 200cc class your gonna have the keep the stock bore.

most places require full riding gear. for the quad your going to need a theater kill and nerf bars.

yeahhp. but check to make sure i checked the ama book and it said no displacement over. but the ltz shock prob not revalved yfz shocks with new a arms would be an upgrade

well me and my dad r thinking bout making some nerfs. i really wonna keep the 68mm piston so ill prolly do the open class. prolly a stupid question but is there a age on the open class im 18 ill b 19 though next feb

Hey man if you're looking into some GNCC style racing around GA and Ten you should look into the Sorcs series too.

the first thing you will want to work on is the suspention.. You can do all the motor work you want and have one kick ass motor BUT you wont be able to use all that power if you can stay on the bike b/c of the sh*tty shocks. The stock shocks will beat the hell out of you so power is nothing it you can't keep it on the ground.

i believe it does i know that the D6 up my way it is 91-200CC 2 stoke 91-300cc 4 srtoke and thats AMA rules so if it amam than yeah and i would deffinitly do something suspension wise before starting

thast youth class.....if you run with all of the big quads (450's) then u can run whatever u want in the motor