Getting a quadracer

Nice bro it looks like a good deal. I have an 86 being completely rebuilt. Offer him 350.00 cash to start you never know.

Take a good look at it bro I think it is a 85 or 86. If it doesnt have a removable reed cage it is a 85-86. The seat if those years so is the swing arm..

Another way to tell is if the front shock mount is on the top or the bottom of the top frame rail. 85-86 on the bottom 87-on on the top.

I think it is an 85-86... doesnt look like mine. Pipe looks a little different. Check and make sure man... you want the later model with the 6 speed and the power valve.

well hopefully its what he says it is, cause i gota drive 2 hours just to look at it. He says it has 230 quadsport plastics, i duno if thats why it looks different.

I think it is an 85-86... doesnt look like mine. Pipe looks a little different. Check and make sure man... you want the later model with the 6 speed and the power valve.

The later years have a way better aftermarket. It really doesnt have a power valve like todays power valve it is more of just an exhaust valve. The best part is the removable reed cage. Has longer shocks in the front. The 91-92 has a total differant rear suspensoin. But the reat are the same except for the carrier mount. One round on sqaure.

Also anothr good way to tell is the lug pattern if it has four lu7gs its a 85-86 87 on had five lugs

I found an 86 on craigslist for $300, it needs bored out and he already has a new piston. He said it needs some other minor work too but for $300 I don't think I can really go wrong.

well even if its an 85-86 ill probly still get it. If it runs good i cant go wrong for 600. I alreay know of a couple people i could sell it to for about 1000, bunch of suzuki freaks up here.

thats for sure an 85-86 i can see it dont have the power valves and no big intake.. also has the old rear swingarm like mine.. just my opion but the 85-86 are not worth $600 no aftermarket parts.. only thing i would ever use it for would be a hybrid with a 500 zilla in it.. and that 85-86 motor just cant compare to the 87-92

ya used af parts maybe.. i have found one company making an exhaust still for them and its DG and its not any better.. you can get rear shocks, swingarms, exhaust.. but still limited to like 1-2 companys on each catergory.. and you cant make the power like i could

ya used af parts maybe.. i have found one company making an exhaust still for them and its DG and its not any better.. you can get rear shocks, swingarms, exhaust.. but still limited to like 1-2 companys on each catergory.. and you cant make the power like i could

AAEN still makes them for the 85-86 the 87-90 swing arm and rear suspension works on the 85-86 you can still get A-Arms. For the front shocks all you have to do is have the mount put on the top and front shocks are easier to get.

You can also make as much power with the right set up.

oops never heard of aaen i dont look hard for 85-86 i prefer the 85-86 rear swingys for the round housing but they crack so got to brace them up.. i forgot where i heard this phrase but "the 85-86 suzuki motor is an aborted peice of crap and they only used it for 2 years for a reason" end quote haha