general HELP!

oldguy1

Feb 17, 2009
az
Hello once agian. I am new. I just bought a blaster from a guy as all the good storys go. it only had 20 hrs on it he was hurting for money and i bought it for 800 lol now i know why. it sputers wont rev it will start though.
so this is what i have done checked compresion it was 65 lbs so i checked the cylinder everything looked ok as far as micing it. head speced ok and rod side to side ws good no gouges in cylinder and nothing on piston rings were in spec but cuped a bit so i honed it and it looked great. got a vito's high compression stock size piston put rings in miced perfecked and got gaskets ect. in the kit put it back together followed the instructions in the vito;s jet kit they recomend for the piston kit rebuilt and cleaned the carb,also put in new reeeds(Boyeseen) stock fibers, also bought a dg national pipe and silencer. figured might as well. (running mix also got vito's block off kit).
ok started it same thing this time wont idle but if i hold throught a bit not even an 8th it will run and i can turn the idle up to get it to make it idle turn mix screw does noting. :( not sure what to do this is my first blaster.
i have checked all electrical with a fluke and the black and red to positive and neg on black shows no load i beleive this is the coil does this mean its bad or could it be a ground ....Please give me idea's im going to bomb it LOL .

why cant you raise the idle some?? check for air leaks.. shoot some carb spray around the carb intake boot ect.. just a little you will hear it rev if it has a leak also if you can keep it running by holding the throttle just a hair then just adjust it to that point at the top where the cable goes into the throttle assembly. or at the top of the carb also is your tors still on the bike??

ok the reeds are new boyseen reeds they sit good and went on cage no problem. I hold the throutle and turn the idle all the way up till its almost maxed then i can let go of push throtle and it will idle but it still wont rev it just bogs out , falls on its face and if i let off it will idle if i hold it down it will kill i pull the plug its a little wet but not like fluded. I test tors all switches check good as far as ohm test as tech book shows it should no clue kinda skared to keep starting it to find out what to do for my self hate to blow it or seiz it.. thanks for the reply

what idle adjustment are you turning?? are you sure your not turning your air mixture screw.. on the back side of the carb toword the filter side chock side is your air mixture is that what your turning the idle is under the seat on top of the tors

i still have the orig uper throghtle body so im turning the idle udjustment screw under the seat , the air mix is still set about 1 1/2. The compression now on first kick is 65, second 92, and third kick its 127 ish its just over 125 on third.

and in the vito's 200 jet kit it says to change main to the largest jet which is a 340 and i also put the new needle in, on the third clip position.

ok ill try that . and as far as the charge coil.. i tested that (black and red, and black wire) and it shows nothing on ohm test?

i wouldnt worry to much about that if you have spark and you can get it to run somewhat then its a tunning issue.. also pilot jet controls idle.. make sure to clean that real well.. also how old or new is the gas and what oil you running also premix to 32 to 1

yeh ready filter. it is thick with pre filter though. and i'm tryin to run with box lid too.

i pulled it once. i will lower the main jet and pull the box lid tomarrow and see if that does it. thanks for the ideas

ok i took carb off cleaned it. put a stock rebuild kit for it in. it runs as far as idle. if i rev it fals on its face at 1/4 throutle. i pulled the plug and it looks good i let it run were it ran best for 5 min. not sure whats up now!