gas tank problems

blasterforlife

Jul 27, 2011
ohio
put a 250 four stroke on one of my blasters and the old tank isnt gonna work. anyone have any ideas on a flat bottom tank that will work?

Maybe you can find a racing fuel cell that will fit inside the Tank cover . They make small 1 and 2 gallon ones for drag racing that may solve your problem

any ideas on the web site to look at? i found a couple that look like they might work but i cant seem to find any specs on them.

i know i ruined a good blaster frame to put the 250 in it. was givin the motor with carb wiring harness the whole 9 yards. still got a blaster that isnt stock but it still got the blaster motor on it

Before you use a heat gun on it I would suggest washing it out with soap and water just to avoid any problems. Also I think it was XJ 550 build looked like he had a lawnmower tank under the plastic, might want to check that thread.

Before you use a heat gun on it I would suggest washing it out with soap and water just to avoid any problems. Also I think it was XJ 550 build looked like he had a lawnmower tank under the plastic, might want to check that thread.

I tried using a heat gun on the stock tank.. the trick is to go slow and not do it when on the phone :eek: I installed a lawnmower tank after I put a 2 inch wide hole in my stock tank :D

well i tired the heat gun on an extra tank. was able to reshape but not enough to make the plastic fit. found little tank online for 15 free shipping has a flat bottom so ima try it when it gets here,