gas mixture 60.1

x-man

Jan 28, 2016
Hey guys so I recently picked up a 2011 KTM 65 for my son runs great awesome that's great but it runs 60.1 now I was talking to the guy at my shop and I was telling him that I didn't want to have to gas cans mixed all the time and he said if it's Amsoil you can run 60.1 and your blaster with no problem now mind you I haven't run my blaster in over a month I've done a lot of upgrades to it not the engine the engine is still all stock except for the fmf exhaust and the uni air filter I put the wider axle and bigger hibs and bigger rims and I did the hydraulic back brake now yesterday I went out it was nice I pulled it out of the garage I put about a half a tank of the 60.1 in it and it took her a few kicks street a few times and now when I come to a stop and go into neutral it starts revving really high like it's low on gas is that because the mixture is too high or too low or is the air screw I really like some feedback thank you

Hey guys so I recently picked up a 2011 KTM 65 for my son runs great awesome that's great but it runs 60.1 now I was talking to the guy at my shop and I was telling him that I didn't want to have to gas cans mixed all the time and he said if it's Amsoil you can run 60.1 and your blaster with no problem now mind you I haven't run my blaster in over a month I've done a lot of upgrades to it not the engine the engine is still all stock except for the fmf exhaust and the uni air filter I put the wider axle and bigger hibs and bigger rims and I did the hydraulic back brake now yesterday I went out it was nice I pulled it out of the garage I put about a half a tank of the 60.1 in it and it took her a few kicks street a few times and now when I come to a stop and go into neutral it starts revving really high like it's low on gas is that because the mixture is too high or too low or is the air screw I really like some feedback thank you
this site is a pain in the ass when I was going up and down the street and I came to a stop and put it in neutral it was running High like it was low on gas is that because of the mixture the air
Don't listen to that guy...mix the blaster at 32:1 . Check for air leaks before you run it again
y do u say check for air leaks??

A high hanging idle is a good sign of an air leak...lean issue . Drain your gas tank and run some fresh gas with 32:1 mix . What's your jetting at ?

A high hanging idle is a good sign of an air leak...lean issue . Drain your gas tank and run some fresh gas with 32:1 mix . What's your jetting at ?
That's exactly what I just did I drink my gas tank I mix 32 to 1 put it in it took a little while to run through the carb but it went back to a normal idle and I went up and down the street again good power decent throttle response and then I come back in and go to neutral and it kind of shoots up to or ever again

I would leak test it first . If that's good you'll need adjusting of your pilot and idle . Start at 1.5 turns out from seated . Warm up bike and turn pilot screw in or out to get the highest idle then adjust the idle screw to your desired idle . Stab the throttle in neutral and make sure it idles down fast

Reactions: speedyslyder
I would leak test it first . If that's good you'll need adjusting of your pilot and idle . Start at 1.5 turns out from seated . Warm up bike and turn pilot screw in or out to get the highest idle then adjust the idle screw to your desired idle . Stab the throttle in neutral and make sure it idles down fast

well to start i have the a compression tester with the spark plug adapters but i dont have the plugs to block off n iv never used it before n to be honest iv never done a leak down test my self iv seen ppl do it but thats it n as far as the idle i still have the tors on the carb so wen u say pilot n idle i no the air screw on the side of the carb n i no there is an idle screw on top of the tors brick so are u saying i should start with??? n if i was going to go to home Depot tomorrow do u no what size plugs i should get??? n for the blaster i have to plug the exhaust n the crab hole that gose into the reed????