Full Build

Got My Chain Fitted Tonight! nearly f*cked it up but luckily my axle carrier had adjustment :)

chain001_zpsc8f0f4cd.jpg

chain002_zps1c2abae6.jpg

got my nuts and bolts torqued down too. just waiting on screws for carb and i can fire it up ;)

AHHHHHHH I SEE NO LITTLE PLATES TO BEND TO HOLD THOSE NUTS IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u should probably get some of those......... it aint pretty when a sprocket comes loose i seen it happen on a dirt bike, destroyed the whole hub and even ripped some spokes out.

AHHHHHHH I SEE NOW LITTLE PLATES TO BEND TO HOLD THOSE NUTS IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u should probably get some of those......... it aint pretty when a sprocket comes loose i seen it happen on a dirt bike, destroyed the whole hub and even ripped some spokes out.

i have them lol but didn't like the look of them so took them off and put locktite on the threads :)

ok, i have the same chain and sprockets, id rather have those "ugly" plates than a ugly messed up mess if that comes loose........ just my opinion

i have them lol but didn't like the look of them so took them off and put locktite on the threads :)

Tell you what, you wont like the look of the case or your leg if that sprocket comes loose and the old chain rides up and breaks and wraps itself around something.

Locking tabs are there for a purpose, ugly or not they must be used, Loctite will not take the torture, that is an area of high stress especially if an old chain is trying to tear a new sprocket apart.

If that is an old chain be prepared to replace both the chain and sprockets soon.

Tell you what, you wont like the look of the case or your leg if that sprocket comes loose and the old chain rides up and breaks and wraps itself around something.

Locking tabs are there for a purpose, ugly or not they must be used, Loctite will not take the torture, that is an area of high stress especially if an old chain is trying to tear a new sprocket apart.

If that is an old chain be prepared to replace both the chain and sprockets soon.

not a old chain bought a sprocket and chain kit (renthal) also i opened a thread about 2 months back and got told by a few people (larry shee and someone else if i put locktite on the thread they would be fine without the lock tab plates.

With all due respect to Larry and others, locking tabs are there for a purpose, ugly or not they must be used, Loctite will not take the torture, that is an area of high stress.

I had a guy loose one of his old tabs ( yes you may use old ones if there is enough good material to bend up) and fit one bolt with Loctite and tensioned at 17 ft lbs.

For some reason it loosened.

A word on Loctite on threads, adding a lubricant (which Loctite is in its Liquid form) upsets the reading on the tourque wrench.

got my brakes working :D there working but not sure if its at the right pressure on the lever. i pull lever in about 3 inches and it stops quad dead. is this fine?

It is a matter of preference how much travel is on the lever, as long as it stops is the main thing!

Sweet :D it was my first time bleeding brakes and it only took me 5 minutes lol. was keeping filling up master cylinder and i made sure there was no air bubbles in the master cylinder once i bled them. just to wait on my carb screws now should be here tomorrow I:I