From 1000 Pieces to 1 ATV

You say you used aircraft remover to clean up those parts? Looks amazing!!! I want to paint my frame and was just thinking of painting over top of the old paint. Where do you get this stuff and how much?

You say you used aircraft remover to clean up those parts? Looks amazing!!! I want to paint my frame and was just thinking of painting over top of the old paint. Where do you get this stuff and how much?

Aircraft remover for the frame, AND a big stationary wire wheel that's bolted to the ground for the littler parts I can hold up I:I. You can get the stuff at just about any hardware store..Ace, True Value, Home Depot, etc. Just ask an employee for the strongest paint thinner they have.
If it says 'Mineral Spirits' on it, it's not gonna be strong enough. And be careful with the stuff! I was wearing my regular eye glasses with 'unscratchable' polycarbonate lenses thinking it was enough eye protection, splashed it on them a little, and now there's a small burned gouge in the lens. Gloves and goggles, my friend..

If you're taking votes on color, I like Extreme Purple, 2nd from the left.

Very nice work, thus far!

Last edited:
The first purple to the left is not available!!!! LOL,, Thats the same color my frame is and it looks awsome when applied either by paint or powder. The metalic pops in the sun and you will love it.

good stuff so far !!!!!

but i noticed the flange on the LRD, that bolts under the lower/rear a-arm bolt, is broken off in the pic above, that could be the reason it's hanging out burning your leg ???
the one i have on my sons bike hasnt produced any burns yet, and seems to be tucked in pretty good
just sumthin to investigate

but i noticed the flange on the LRD, that bolts under the lower/rear a-arm bolt, is broken off in the pic above, that could be the reason it's hanging out burning your leg ???
the one i have on my sons bike hasnt produced any burns yet, and seems to be tucked in pretty good
just sumthin to investigate

I think that's just the angle of the pics I took. I haven't had my running Blaster out in quite some time but I'm pretty sure I have it bolted on right there.. I'll get a pic of it up sometime for kicks and see. I:I

Looks like a great plan so far , I'm not a fan of purple, I'd like the rad metallic midnight!

Tuned in!

seems like a fun project! I agree with the second from the left, I love any color that "pops" haha

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Thanks to you I have a car to rebuild before I can finish the bike.

hey now dont be blaming me for your car needing to be rebuilt you told me to take the engine and tranny out :p

Still managing to make a little progress here and there. Got some VF3 reeds thanks to Blastermaster85, got some Banshee hubs and rear axle over the weekend, and found out some rear rims I got with the original purchase of parts are actually Banshee rims, so I started polishing those up a little bit.

Got a 400ex shock in the mail;
IMG_2108.jpg

Got a sweet deal on the skit plates;
IMG_2104.jpg

Anyone ever tried sanding/polishing these gold Banshee rims? They're pretty scratched, but how far can I sand without bringing the aluminum color out?
IMG_2105.jpg

I started polishing and you easily see the half I didn't do, but the edges definitely need to be sanded some;
IMG_2106.jpg