From 1000 Pieces to 1 ATV

Lindso

I've always wanted to build one from the ground up, my way, my colors, my mods.. so I finally took the opportunity. Got these two frames and 2 crates of bolts and random parts;

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

Got a full engine with it that I'm tearing down. Has a 240 cylinder I:I

IMG_1372.jpg

Needs a pretty wicked overhaul though;

IMG_1367.jpg

Aircraft remover is so fun to play with!

IMG_20110317_155302.jpg

Prepping for powdercoating B);

IMG_1373.jpg

good luck with the project. going to be nice knowing that you built the thing from the ground up so you dont have to worry about hidden problems :)

So, what are your plans color wise/mods?

Colors - Still up in the air with that. I want a dark colored frame with lighter arms and swinger, but I change my mind about it almost daily. For the frame, I'm zeroed in on a midnight metallic purple-ish, or a deep royal purple flake.

Mods..omg haha. Just check in on here once in awhile and see!

good little project.

pics of the grey hatch in the background? lol

Lol that's my friend Brian's 93 EG that he's gonna be selling soon. Here's some pics of his cars.

The Integra is freakin AWESOME though - Here's the build currently underway for the Integra.

Or what looks to be a nice little talon in the first pic.......

Lol That's his 2001 Integra. He actually just bought a white Talon, but no pics of that anywhere yet. We're much more into cars than we are ATV's right now. The Talon is pretty new so he's still whipping it into shape. However, if you're interested, here's what I mess with when I'm not screwing around with the Blaster.

cool, interested to see how it turns out

Thanks, me too! I'm sure it won't be any comparison to what a lot of you guys have done, I just enjoy learning about it and accomplishing something new :p

good luck with the project. going to be nice knowing that you built the thing from the ground up so you dont have to worry about hidden problems :)

If a problem arises, I know there'd be nobody to blame but myself. That way, I won't go home and abuse my woman.

Kidding.

Last edited:
On to some of the more interesting mods getting put on this project...

Got me an LRD pipe;

IMG_1483.jpg
IMG_1482.jpg

Got it spruced up a lil' bit;

IMG_1484.jpg
IMG_1485.jpg

Put it on my existing Blaster to test it out, and learned the hard way not to wear shorts with this puppy;

legburn.jpg

Sorry if PhotoBucket hasn't resized it, though you can see all the burn detail at the original 1800x2300 resolution lol!

Going with a 6-pack rack for a gas tank, snagged a 2003+ seat, and gonna be using my Factory 7 pipes on the new bike;

IMG_1711.jpg

Using a 34mm Mikuni, and picked up some '03+ foot pegs;

IMG_1710.jpg

Got some front black plastics, a funky set of nerfs, and a rear hydraulic brake setup;

IMG_1709.jpg

And lastly for this post, my frame color speculations;

IMG_1714.jpg

Stay tuned for engine work...

Lol cant believe you really wanted those "ugly" nerf bars :p Glad I threw those in for free lol you mite decide not to use them after your blasty is all hot and up and running lol

Build is look great buddy :) Glad to help you out!! Cant wait to see her all done!!!

Glad to see your doing a thread, finally glad to know all those parts are going to be put to use ... thx for the shoutout.

Anyway, I noticed you stripped your frame, I would suggest you gusset your frame before painting it is a must in my opinion. If you need plans I posted a thread awhile back that's a sticky in the DIY.

Anyway tuned in for your build man.I:I

Glad to see your doing a thread, finally glad to know all those parts are going to be put to use ... thx for the shoutout.

Anyway, I noticed you stripped your frame, I would suggest you gusset your frame before painting it is a must in my opinion. If you need plans I posted a thread awhile back that's a sticky in the DIY.

Anyway tuned in for your build man.I:I

That's a great idea! I don't ride TOO hard but a little extra reinforcement can't ever be a bad thing. I haven't been able to do much lately due to a job switch, but I wonder how hard this would be to do on my own? Doesn't seem like much more than welding and geometry can go into it?