Free clutch cove fail

mervhengst

Dec 24, 2012
Trevorton, PA
ok BF so far I had 3 people pm me about doing a cover for them. 1 backed out cause he didn't have the money to ship, understandable. Another said he is going to send it out and haven't heard anything from him.( STILL WAITING). I have enough lexan to do about 100 clutch covers so come on BF WHO WANTS A KICK ASS CLUTCH COVER?? I WILL EVEN BUMP THE NUMBER TO 5. First five are done for free. Just pay shipping to me.

I have been thinking about these covers, but I am curious. What happens to the lexan after some heat cycles and sand riding? Seems that the nice clear, way cool, ooh ahh cover would become a cloud on the side of the bike, needing to be replaced with either a new clear piece of lexan or buy a new clutch cover. Does anyone have any experience with lexan and sand, mud, gravel?

I am not knocking your cover as I think my kids my love the look on the blasters, I am building for them. Heck, I would would like to put one on my Zuki 250r, I am more concerned about the longevity of the lexan and its ability to withstand the punishment on a quad.

Nascar uses Lexan for all the windows due to its extreme strength and ability to withstand the 180mph crash impacts but they also use film over them to keep them clean and pit free from the small rocks and sand that would otherwise sandblast the lexan itself.

Again, I am not knocking the cover, just curious as I like to do things that would last for the long haul.

im not sure how it will do with sand. I live in PA and there really isn't sand here but there is coal soot. I rode my quad 4 times since I put the cover on and there hasn't been any issues. Heated the motor to operating temp every time. Also cut out another piece of lexan the same size I used for my cover and beat on it with a hammer and it didn't brake or crack. It had a couple small nicks in it. But I was really beating on it. PLUS its 1/4 lexan. AND EVERY ONE IM MADE WILL COME WITH A SPARE PIECE OF LEXAN JUST IN CASE.

I'm down!
I have a spare clutch cover I'll be sending you asap
PM me your shipping info
Thanx

YORK send me a picture of your cover. Im sure I will be able to do something with it. BlasterDemon7 and AWK I sent you my info. York I will send to you as well.