fox sled shocks

only if quadrider had a set and i would like to see them on the tabletop but yea i am not going to back theese up on jumping as i do not have anything bigger than a 5 or 6 foot jump

good to know im the one only crazy enough to do 30-40' jumps on stock shocks... lmao! TBH, watching that vid, and how little he was breaking and how far the front was squatting with him only weighing 120-140lbs, i would not jump those on anything bigger then 3-5' flat land. pop a wheelie then just let off the gas and see if they botom out....

imo even stock front shocks were "ok" for jumping. the stiff springs helped with it not bottoming out. while those which may be awesome for trails and such, they will bottom out seriously on jumps and F up ur frame.

also snowmobiles are like 2-300lbs heavier then quads, so you can do the math.... i would rather spend the extra few 100 and buy nice ones made for quads. also snowmobiles dont have as much travel as quads or things with wheels. because they rely on the "springyness" of the snow. think about it if snow mobile shocks were crazy soft, they would sag a lot, and the front end would get cought up a lot on the snow...

/\/\ ding ding ding we have a winner !

good to know im the one only crazy enough to do 30-40' jumps on stock shocks... lmao! TBH, watching that vid, and how little he was breaking and how far the front was squatting with him only weighing 120-140lbs, i would not jump those on anything bigger then 3-5' flat land. pop a wheelie then just let off the gas and see if they botom out....

imo even stock front shocks were "ok" for jumping. the stiff springs helped with it not bottoming out. while those which may be awesome for trails and such, they will bottom out seriously on jumps and F up ur frame.

im 170.... haha

If the snowmobile was heavier that meansa the shocks would be stiffer and would suit us perfectly! I have tried out the shocks i got from speedy not sure what there off of

all i have to do to change that is hook up the little pump- press the button to beep some air out- or pump them up to make it stiffer.

better than having shocks sent off and revalved/resprung :D

i've been looking for a pair of fox float or float x evol. they look good. and you can just air them up for more stiffness

i've been looking for a pair of fox float or float x evol. they look good. and you can just air them up for more stiffness

yea but only buy them to keep them on something you really want not something that u plan on selling of course i have wanted them but too expensive

fox sled shocks work!!! i have a friend who has a can am ds450 2013, best one so far. and only one in quebec, canada so far. he is an ex motocross racer and he does 15' jumps with ease and no bottoming out. the fronts are fox float x evol otherwise known as sled shocks!!! and a fox podium on the back. he weights 190, the quad 350. so together, 550 pounds with gas and everything. and he doesn't bottom out on jumps! so there's your proof. he loves them and probably would never change them. so for all you non beleivers there"s your proof! :D

Last edited:
yea but only buy them to keep them on something you really want not something that u plan on selling of course i have wanted them but too expensive

yes i'm gonna buy them and keep them. even if i sell in a few years, their gonna go on my banshee. because banshees aren't sapposed to jump. they are too front heavy.

hey out there, i'm new to the sport and new to this forum but wanted to add my experience with sled shocks. my blaster has the cheap steel brackets that widen the front 3 inches per side, i put on front fox shocks from a 96 polaris xlt special with the xtra 12 suspension. to make them fit the top of the shock mounts in the stock location(without the widening bracket) and i welded a lower mount farther out on the lower a-arm. i was VERY happy with the ride quality and soft landings. i am about 200 lbs and ran a couple of races on it last year. i'm a beginner so i can't say i did any 10 ft high jumps, but there were a couple that were pretty close-no bottoming out. after adding a 400ex shock in back i think this suspension might be pretty competitive. fyi, i'm not recommending this to anybody-i'm just really cheap and willing to risk my own safety to try a low budget shock swap. oh yeah, i'm building a blaster for my young son to race this summer and looking for some used +3 +1 front arms, if anybody knows of any i'd appreciate a heads up-thanks

hey out there, i'm new to the sport and new to this forum but wanted to add my experience with sled shocks. my blaster has the cheap steel brackets that widen the front 3 inches per side, i put on front fox shocks from a 96 polaris xlt special with the xtra 12 suspension. to make them fit the top of the shock mounts in the stock location(without the widening bracket) and i welded a lower mount farther out on the lower a-arm. i was VERY happy with the ride quality and soft landings. i am about 200 lbs and ran a couple of races on it last year. i'm a beginner so i can't say i did any 10 ft high jumps, but there were a couple that were pretty close-no bottoming out. after adding a 400ex shock in back i think this suspension might be pretty competitive. fyi, i'm not recommending this to anybody-i'm just really cheap and willing to risk my own safety to try a low budget shock swap. oh yeah, i'm building a blaster for my young son to race this summer and looking for some used +3 +1 front arms, if anybody knows of any i'd appreciate a heads up-thanks

i used them with my snyder +3+1 a-arms and was very pleased and would have kept them if i didnt find a deal on elkas..... the only reason i tried them was because i got em cheap and just to try until i could get a set of works dual rates but instead i ended up keeping em for awhile as i was pleased for me around 130 so i kept em then found a deal on elkas and switched to those