Fmf sst exhaust

i didnt see a hole in the jug when i had the pipe off but i'll give it a shot again. i started drilling a tiny hole in the flange and the steel is too hard and wont go any further than half way down. FML i wasted $ once again on another useless item just throw it in the blasters part box....

There's no hole in the jug, just a gap where you can slip the spring into...I happen to have my top end off at the moment (fixin' to ship it out to O'Connor for porting), and I can take a pic of what I'm talking about later on today if you need to see it in a pic.

yea take a pic really might help. i cant believe FMF did this! i emailed them and said they have a very poor design. that i shouldnt have to drill or mod it to work. that i was gonna dog them out on BF. lol

yea mac thats what i figures its SUPPOSED to look like.u u saw the pic i posted when i got the FMF. its fkn crazy. neway i hooked the spring to the jug like braaaptor said with the new flange. i started the bike and sprayed soapy water on the flange and the FKR still leaks a lil. i didt get it!!!!! im sick of it already! what im gonna do next is take it all off again and use red silicone (high heat) all around the flage and slip the header over it. bolt the sucker and hope that it seals if not i GIVE!

im thinking about putting a clamp on the header and make small slits on the pipe with the dremel idk... tired of this leak problem.. or i might just get the bastard welded shut something i shouldve done awhile ago and save me sum $ buying a complete flange set from FMFs dumbasses

i might just get the bastard welded shut something i shouldve done awhile ago and save me sum $ buying a complete flange set from FMFs dumbasses

ummmm ya :/

My last comment is.....if its leaking that much unspent fuel...u have another issue

Thats what the sludge is....what else is there??????????????
Now thats my last comment on a thread that really needs to die...now!

u said that LAST TIME. how the hell am i supposed to know JUST GAS leaks out not every1 is a mechanic BLASTER racer. and FYI i NEVER said it LEAK GAS I SAID IT LEAKS E X H A U S T FUMES C A R B O N E M O N O X I D E. motor DISCHARGE like sh*t from a bodys ass.. PS SOME sludge IS healthy from the exhaust

Broke and Proud Dad of JORDAN GIBSON #8

Thanks to www.kenoconnorracing.com , G-Force Racing, Blommell Motorsport,
Elka Suspension, ODI, Oneal Racing, Amsoil and Scott USA[/SIZE][/COLOR] <------- who is the dumb ass now...lol I never heard of that company ...

and this is why so many good memebers left the sight people not taking advice people not knowing what there talking about and agureing and calling names when there backed in a corner and have nothing else to say to defend themselves

Ok i dont care about sealing pipes and wether os not the sh*tty slip joints are going to do whatever my question is WILL THIS PIPE BENEFIT A 240BBK?

Ive rode it now and i can say the ass dyno was definitely impressed its very hard to keep the front wheels down ill be stretching it soon its a wheelie machine now.

I called vitos and they wont comment on the pipe they just tell me to get a cpi or fat bastard erhich tbeyre out of currently.reguardless ill be running this for a while its pretty stout as is i just wanted to know what this pipes intentions were and how it would respond to the bbk.

FWIW have the pipe welded to tbe flange and forget about it.

I don't care if I'm wrong there is no need to name call is right. I had three fmf pipes and like you see in my video thats how I got the pipe. I didn't know why the pipe was like that so I made up a reason why fmf would do that. I thought it worked just like the copper head gasket , thats all I could come up with. If they wanted a better seal they would have added o-rings like the rest of their pipes.I might just close it more because I didn't know it was that loose. I send an email to fmf I want to see what the hell is going on... Maybe if you seal it to much the head gasket would do more work.

just nstalled the same fmf flange and new exhuast dounut.I have no leaks of any kind.The spring was short so I just used a longer one and hooked to the spot on head.

For the longest time I thought the fmf pipe was suppose to be loose between the flange and pipe. I'm starting to find out its a design flaw that never been fix.This whole time fmf had me believing it was normal in all their pipes for the blaster.I got them all new so I thought it was there for performance , that is the only thing I could come up with.Why don't they use o-rings like the other pipes they make.One guy from fmf told me I could go to yamaha and buy a gasket for the pipe to butt up against the flange. There is no way they sell this.Stock blaster pipes would not need a gasket on that side.I'm really thinking about closing it up with that pipe expander , if you seen my video it needs it. If anyone has a pipe as loose as mine silicone or jb weld most likely won't work. Once the pipe is expanded snug enough a little silicone should be all you need.