fmf exhaust

lambogt1

May 28, 2010
im buying an fmf pipe on ebay.... only 60 bucks and im wondering... do you need the pipe spring? what does it do? and if this pipe doesnt come with one where can i buy one?

the spring is needed to hold the pipe tight to the motor if it doesnt come with one you could pick up a spring at a hardware store, should work fine

it could work but i wouldn't recommend it, get some silicone gasket maker and just put it around the surface of the flange it should work fine

Make sure it comes with the "FMF flange".... Their like $30 new seperately. I wouldnt buy an OEM spring for it. You can use about any heavy duty spring as long as its really tight. Tractor Supply sells alot of heavy duty springs. I use the tremolo tension springs that come out of the back of an electric guitar.

i would reccomend using the spring. and i ordered a gasket ring a while back and they are cheap.

What wasthe part number for the gasket and where did you get it? I need one for my gold series pipe. It leaks right where it hooks up at the engine and it is making a mess. Thanks

Yeah, I think I have a stock silencer too. I dont care too much for the way it sounds, but it seems to run OK with it.

I do want a powercore tho. Actually I want the long one, the forestry service legal one. Anyone got any experience with that one?