Flywheel nut headaches

EvsBlaster

Apr 29, 2018
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the flywheel nut on my blaster.

I was doing a leakdown test and I took the flywheel/stator off because I suspected a leaky crank seal.

The seal seemed to be holding fine as the soapy water didn't produce any bubbles for an air leak...

When i try to put it back together the nut will not go back onto the crankshaft. It threads in a turn or 2 by hand and then gets "stuck"

I haven't tried forcing it any further, i even tried getting a new m12x1.25 nut (without flange but just to test) and it was the same. I don't see any threads that are messed up (pictures below) and don't know what to do so i wonder if anyone can help me out.

Thanks

I was looking at these online..??

https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/threadmate-thread-repair-tool-69165.aspx

IMG_20180429_150032[1].jpg
IMG_20180429_150048[2].jpg
IMG_20180429_150111[1].jpg
IMG_20180429_150138[1].jpg
View attachment 32702

You mean like how the flywheel threads are opposite?

After more searching (google) the only logical explanation i can find is that my flywheel puller mushroomed the end of my shaft because it had a pointy end on it. (motion pro model)

I was extremely careful to prevent any damage to the crankshaft so i don't believe it was user error. Are the first couple threads supposed to look that way? I think i can see the damage now..but have no idea how it was caused.

I suppose I'm going to order one of these because it seems better than a thread file and see if i can fix my issue.
31PCgkbWs6L._AC_UL320_SR308,320_.jpg

**sorry the pictures are so huge, i'm not sure how my phone even took pictures that big.**

Thank you! Any advice on how i should do that?

I ordered that "threadmate" and a m12x1.25 die but I'm a mechanical noob or beginner here .

With that being said I definitely have taken the time to learn what I need to know about these blasters since I bought mine.

I don't know how the threads even got damaged in the first place.

If anybody is having a similar issue that thread mate worked wonders and fixed my headache..took like 15 seconds to fix it .

Lapped the flywheel/crank and torqued her all up good.

Reactions: Awk08