First race ever!!!

good job with the race, especially while injured, I'm really wanting to do a couple harescrambles and if I can swing it I'm doing it this year. now get better and hit post up pics of hte next race.

ya thnik i need a lid? or outerwears? i was flying through the mud, and got blasted with dirt and mud at tracks a bunch of times, and the filter comes out cclean everytime! i never have to clean it. i do anyway, but thats because i choose too. and i mena like traction wise. theres some big jumps there, and im worried i will have to roll over everyone cause i wont get enough traction to get speed.

If you dump on a lid, you will run rich by a jet or two.

Sand is going to make it work harder and it will tend to run hotter.

One way to lean it out is to jet back.

The other way is to change your oil/fuel ratio to 25:1, this will lean out the fuel/air mix, but give extra lubrication which should help with the added heat.

My lad and I ride very hard in extremely hot situations, over 100 degs at times.

The 25:1 mix not only gives peace of mind, that there is adequate oil, but adds a little more compression.

Im not saying that this is what you should do, but it is an option, I know it works well for me.

If you dump on a lid, you will run rich by a jet or two.

Sand is going to make it work harder and it will tend to run hotter.

One way to lean it out is to jet back.

The other way is to change your oil/fuel ratio to 25:1, this will lean out the fuel/air mix, but give extra lubrication which should help with the added heat.

My lad and I ride very hard in extremely hot situations, over 100 degs at times.

The 25:1 mix not only gives peace of mind, that there is adequate oil, but adds a little more compression.

Im not saying that this is what you should do, but it is an option, I know it works well for me.

yea.... i know it wont have problems with over heat or having enough power, but what im mostly worried about is the whloe traction thing, and getting sand into the airbox. like im worried that my rear tires will just sink when i hit the throttle, and i cant take more aair out of tires, cause they will come off the rims if i do. and do u run open airbox in sand? or should i scarfice the preformance and put it on? rite now im running 13/40 gearing with 18" tires, and i only weigh 120lbs.

if i rember from last year, it was hard compact sand. its almost like dirt. what do u think should i run with the lid? i just jet from a 320 to the 310, cause the weather is getting warm, and its running too rich. now at 310, it runs good.