First race ever!!!

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
So I have my first MX race event on math 3-4th. It's my first ever race I've been to. I have my AMA card, tether and nerfs. I'm probs gonna enter he quad c class if they don't have 200cc 2 Str class. Any advice on anything, or anything I should be doing to my blaster b4 I go??

Just. He k it over real good. Check all nuts and bolts. Make sure your engine is jetted right and have no air leaks. Go there well before the race and try talking with some of the racers to get some tips on how to run the track and what prep you should do to your quad. If there real sportsman, they would be willing to help a new guy with good advise.

Check, brakes, bolts, front suspension, Fluid levels, air filter, tire pressures, lug nuts-I'd do a good Cleaning on the carb! Then grip it and rip it! Good luck!

than guys for all the advice! last time i went to a practice, ther were ppl ther who were really nice to me and allowed me to get changed in their trailer and help with track advice..... but that was a practice.....

If you don't have a trailer atleast get a easy up tent..the sun is brutal when your in it all day and hot from racing.

good luck bro !!!!!

pics and a race report required !!!!

clean the air filter, adjust the chain. ride defensively, not to scare ya, but there are alot of brutal oponents on an mx track. some guys dont care if you crash and break your neck. stretch well before you go out there and double check all gear and fitment of it.

Check everything :eek:I:I left and right tire same pressure? Do this right before if you have a tire that leaks. Did I mention to check everything?? lube adjust chain, all cables

To finish first, first you must finnish. :D

Most of all have fun, be safe.I:I

I have a little riding adivce also. like the guys said check everything over. but i would do some reading on atv racing and when i did soem reading alot of MX'ers ride in the "attack" postion on the quad. im pretty sure you can find pictures. but i would get in the gym and work out a little bit so you are ready becuase the races do get tiring and you gotta be in shape. I did 16 laps on a pratice MX track and it was for dirtbikes not quads it was only a quad and a half wide but i was still tired. so yeah work out some and read up on riding techinques and postions

Don't push to hard trying to be up front. Just ride to the point that you fell comfortable. Your just starting so the whole point at first is to get a feel for it and learn.

WEll said dakota. And dont be imitadted by other riders. if one guy gets agressive on you you must keep your cool. I know it is nerveracking but if you stay calm and cool you will be fine. also another piece of advice. is the track a cement start or dirt start? you have to be able to control you quad at the start. if you get to much wheel spin you are going to be left be hind so it is important to practice starts and get as little spin as possible. Also on a dirt start i would lean more towards the back and more towards the front on a cement start. but it all depends on your weight two.

Check everything :eek:I:I left and right tire same pressure? Do this right before if you have a tire that leaks. Did I mention to check everything?? lube adjust chain, all cables

To finish first, first you must finnish. :D

Most of all have fun, be safe.I:I

I have a little riding adivce also. like the guys said check everything over. but i would do some reading on atv racing and when i did soem reading alot of MX'ers ride in the "attack" postion on the quad. im pretty sure you can find pictures. but i would get in the gym and work out a little bit so you are ready becuase the races do get tiring and you gotta be in shape. I did 16 laps on a pratice MX track and it was for dirtbikes not quads it was only a quad and a half wide but i was still tired. so yeah work out some and read up on riding techinques and postions

Don't push to hard trying to be up front. Just ride to the point that you fell comfortable. Your just starting so the whole point at first is to get a feel for it and learn.

WEll said dakota. And dont be imitadted by other riders. if one guy gets agressive on you you must keep your cool. I know it is nerveracking but if you stay calm and cool you will be fine. also another piece of advice. is the track a cement start or dirt start? you have to be able to control you quad at the start. if you get to much wheel spin you are going to be left be hind so it is important to practice starts and get as little spin as possible. Also on a dirt start i would lean more towards the back and more towards the front on a cement start. but it all depends on your weight two.

thanks everyone! ima be checking my quad over pretty much until the race, and this first race im not really looking to take place, just to keep up. i think the track is a dirt start, and i weigh 120lbs. really im not all that nurvous at all, the only thing im worried about is the first turn from the start. any advice on that?

thanks everyone! ima be checking my quad over pretty much until the race, and this first race im not really looking to take place, just to keep up. i think the track is a dirt start, and i weigh 120lbs. really im not all that nurvous at all, the only thing im worried about is the first turn from the start. any advice on that?[/

Just give them room. Not worth a broken leg to get one spot ahead when your just starting out. Your there for now to learn how to race. You can worry about trying to win next year.

i think the track is a dirt start, and i weigh 120lbs. really im not all that nurvous at all, the only thing im worried about is the first turn from the start. any advice on that?

get the holeshot!!

try to get a feel for where to sit on the seat to get out the fastest, most traction and less wheelie. if it will come out hard in 2nd gear, do that.

warm it up good and make sure she is cleaned out, super crisp before the gate drops.

get the holeshot!!

try to get a feel for where to sit on the seat to get out the fastest, most traction and less wheelie. if it will come out hard in 2nd gear, do that.

warm it up good and make sure she is cleaned out, super crisp before the gate drops.

What do you know about MX? Mister strait line.lol.

haha! im not looking to get the holeshot, but i want to try to keep up, its just the first corner im really worried about when the trach funnels........

i checked my whole quad over from top to bottom, and everything is good :D the only thngs i have to do is swap the gas for the good stuff :p and pack my tools.

if u guys want to see where im going, here

Doublin Gap MX Park - Shippensburg, PA

and what the track looked like in 2011 idk if it changed

Last edited by a moderator: