First Complete Blaster Build

Thanks guys. Coming together slower than I had hoped but its coming. WAYYYY too many choices RTaylor. You hit that one right on the head. I could build it about 10 different ways and be happy. The hardest part is deciding on one way and sticking to it. I still havent done that yet. lol

i hear yea man, i change my mind or find something new i want every day for sure lol i dont think mine will ever be really done lol but i gotta get it going soon so i can ride once the weather is nicer, witch is getting closer and closer every day

i hear yea man, i change my mind or find something new i want every day for sure lol i dont think mine will ever be really done lol but i gotta get it going soon so i can ride once the weather is nicer, witch is getting closer and closer every day

lol. Me too. Just wanna get done for this year anyway. :D

Few more pieces to the puzzle this week. YFZ front brake calipers, lines, and master cylinder, Raptor 350 hubs/rotors, and Norman420 spindles. Just need to tie up a few loose ends before paint soon.

Just a little more progress this weekend. Spent a couple hours in the garage today. Picked up a white hood on a trade with a friend of a friend who had a blue Blaster with a white hood. He wanted blue and I wanted white so it worked out ok. Also have another white hood coming from another trade with Dakotademon7. Guess when it rains it pours. lol. Also started my front hydro conversion. The first side wasnt too bad, just a couple growing pains. The second side was a piece of cake. About 20 minutes and it was done. Norman420's spindles are amazing quality. Just have to figure out what I am going to do with the lines.
New hood
IMG_4381.jpg

Drums are about to be history.....
IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

Norman420 spindles and 06 Raptor 350 Hubs/Rotors
IMG_4384.jpg

Spindle, hub and rotor installed
IMG_4386.jpg

08 YFZ 450 Caliper
IMG_4387.jpg

looks like you got alot done this weekend! well at least alot more then me lol

lol. Really didnt get much done even though it looks like it. Still have to get the lines sorted out and the worst part is it all has to come back off when I paint. Just want to make sure there are no suprises when I go to put it back together.

yea i had planed on doing alot of painting this weekend and the only thing i got done was the rear axle. got the nut off finally and the carrier. so now this week i hope i get a night to get the little things painted

yea i had planed on doing alot of painting this weekend and the only thing i got done was the rear axle. got the nut off finally and the carrier. so now this week i hope i get a night to get the little things painted

Yeah I am getting close to paint now too. Gonna start painting things that I have spares of (a-arms, carrier, sprocket hub). Once I get these brake lines sorted out it will be time to tear it down and do the rest.

Got home today and had another package. Picked up braided stainless front and rear brake lines from a Polaris Outlaw 500 for under $20 shipped on ebay. Wasn't sure if they would work or not but decided to give them a shot. Pulled them out of the package and it looks like the fronts will definately work and the rear is going to be close. Going to try to get them on tomorrow morning. Also going to cut the front fenders tomorrow. Will try to get some pics up when done. Pretty much just need to get these last couple of things done and then it is time to start taking it down for paint.

Well I didn't get as much done this weekend as I wanted to but I did get the rear brake line installed and got my fenders trimmed. Hopefully will get the front brake lines on in the next couple days. Here are a few pics of the fenders.

Laid out the pattern using masking tape. Decided to go with the wider cut.
IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

Right side cut. You can also see how I trimmed the rear to clear the heel guards.
IMG_4400.jpg

Left side cut front and rear.
IMG_4398.jpg

Close up left
IMG_4394.jpg

Left side view
IMG_4395.jpg

Both fronts finished
IMG_4399.jpg

Finished the brake lines today and had to bolt the hood back on to see what it looked like with the newly cut fenders. I think it looks much better now with the 03+ hood. Kinda look like batwings. lol

2v28dh1.jpg

e00oyf.jpg

ir8d2v.jpg

wsqk4g.jpg

Couple more pieces to the puzzle this week. Got my blue gripper seat cover but I am having a HELL of a time trying to get it stretched tight enough. May have to take it and have it put on. Got an awesome CLEAN 30mm OKO from slickerthanyou for a great deal! Thanks again man. And painted a set of a-arms and sprocket hub. They still need to be clear coated by I am going to give them a few days to be sure they are FULLY dry first. The clear did not work out well when I tried to put it over the paint on my rims before. Will try to get some pics at some point later this weekend.