Extremely fast!

Just to be clear, Awk is ....

i'll point this out too since we're already off topic...
we were on topic until 89 mentioned KOR.

your little 6 man chat crew can swing from your nads all day long down there, until one of your "builds" proves itself to last more than a few rides, which is all any of them have on them...(busco twice a year hardly qualifies as PROVEN in my book) then you're still just experimenting.

maybe we should get members: prime, quadrider10 and slickerthanyou in here to tell there experience with your self proclaimed "saw chisel and destroy" work,
before we start suggesting it to others ??

personally, i wouldn't let you put tires on my wheelbarrow

now, run along and report that :)

Last edited:
Again, it does not matter who does it, you're talking about two different engines. There are a lot of smoothing techniques for the power (NONE of which were employed for the engine Awk is referring to MUHAHAHAHAH!) but ultimately you are trading some of the bottom end you would have as you push the envelope on peak horsepower.

maybe we should get members: prime, quadrider10 and slickerthanyou in here to tell there experience with your self proclaimed "saw chisel and destroy" work,
before we start suggesting it to others ??

Prime did not follow specific instructions when he assembled that engine and parted it before he ever even started the motor.

Ask QR10 if he's unhappy with ANYTHING he's got from me and you might want to talk to Slick about it before bringing him back into any part of any argument involving me. He might not be so happy about it as we've already made our peace.

I got you 89, you don't need anybody else....

Race Logic: What is the SportPort Porting Template System?

;)

ok so what would you guys reccomend for me if i want as much top and bottom end as possible, preferably a little more topend though??? i would never want to port my self though until i have the knolege or tools to do so i would hire someone

this thread is reaching double facepalm level quick.

asking for engine mods seems to raise a stink no matter what so here is what you do 89.

Call Ken

Call Civic

Call Flotek

Call the redneck that builds engines in his sink

dont listen to any of us "nut swingers" cause you will soon find out wont do you any good but start a fight

Prime did not follow specific instructions when he assembled that engine and parted it before he ever even started the motor.

Ask QR10 if he's unhappy with ANYTHING he's got from me and you might want to talk to Slick about it before bringing him back into any part of any argument involving me. He might not be so happy about it as we've already made our peace.

I got you 89, you don't need anybody else....

Race Logic: What is the SportPort Porting Template System?

;)

prime: what instructions are needed to keep the piston from hitting the cylinder head ?? parted out, as he didn't have the money to get your hack job fixed

quadrider10: what instructions are needed to get the head to seal properly, after 2 tries by you ??
he sold it STILL leaking at the head

slickerthanyou: what instructions are needed for slicks 3mil, scd triple ported motor to get outrun by my stock stroke, non triple ported motor out past 300' until i ran out of gearing against his 14/40 gearing ?
he wasn't so happy that day, nor last time he came to ride with me here

scotj: what instructions are needed as you throw one of your modded cylinder heads across the busco sand on it's maiden voyage ?

shall i continue ?

so i looked at the KOR vitos 240 kit but it only comes race port unfortunately, so you think a 35mm carb, ported 240 kit and +3 crank would be a screamer??

define race ??
some think thats only 300',
ken, and any of the other quality builders out there are capable of giving you anything your little heart desires from low/mid to mx to full out drag

ok so what would you guys reccomend for me if i want as much top and bottom end as possible, preferably a little more topend though??? i would never want to port my self though until i have the knolege or tools to do so i would hire someone

I'll try here to stay on topic.

I think you should get a +3 Vito's stroker crank and a stock bore top end ported and a rechambered head for the fuel you are using.

I think you should get a better pipe. The FMF fatty is a decent pipe but it doesn't have as much top end as some other choices. Sand is going to lug the crap out of that engine so you need to be able to get the rpm's up and keep them up. Going to be VERY difficult in heavy sand using a pipe that doesn't allow an engine to rev.

I think you should get a PWK35 and airbox setup and get a handle on how to jet the PWK.

Once you get used to that kind of power, then you should go with a big bore kit. Once you step up to BBK, you don't have any room left to grow into.

well i was thinking bbk, since my topend is on its last life, i dont wanna resleeve it then get used to it then get bbk, i would rather just get bbk first, i can handle the power if was able to handle my dads ported shee, and i think a agressive trail ported bbk will do good with a + 3 stroker and a 35 carby...my stock blasty did pretty well in the sand it suprised me, you just gotta keep at it and float on the sand

all you need is a +3 , 240 with a aggressive trail port , head mod and a Toomey Exhaust and it will do everything you want it to do. AS FAR AS BEING COMPARED TO EVEN A STOCK BANSHEE , you need to clear out the cobwebs son , You're starting to talk like you live in Kent... You may after all that be able to keep up with a sweet holeshot in 1st and 2nd , but then its all over after that , and you just won't have the top end speed the Banshee has. In tight trails though I would say you have a bit better advantage though , It also depends on rider ability as well.

well i pretty much do live in kent lol, yeah i think im gonna go with what you just said plus a 35mm carby, i just need money, and a good builder now, and i gotta think if i even wanna dump that much into this thing, yea it wont keep up with a banshee in the dunes but it will beat a banshee in the trails, i plan on getting a banshee since i ride sand alot but just not now..

Not to get into the pissing match,but a correctly ported stock jug with a "Aggresive Trail" port ,and a re-chamber-high compression head will do amazing things. You will be impressed! Ask me how I know. This is what it looks like...
100_3986.jpg

100_3981.jpg

000_4716.jpg

000_4738.jpg

100_3455.jpg

100_3457.jpg

100_3452.jpg

100_3980.jpg

There is no need to over complicate things. Use the K.I.S.S method...
Keep It Simple Stupid (not calling you stupid). You will lose a ton of sleep thinking about all the theories (guesses),and waste alot of money on useless things if you don't do some research first. Do not under estimate yourself. I bet you could port that cylinder yourself if you give it a try! I also doubt you will need a 35mm carb to get the job done. B]

so im getting a job soon and im thinking about just building my blaster so its a beast, i want it as fast nd powerful as it can be without being a drag blaster, i ride trails and sand dunes. i was thinking a vitos 240 kit with a aggressive trail port, stroker but what size?, full trinity exhaust, 35 mm carb? head mod? v-force 4 reeds, cfm airbox. so what else would i want to do to it performance wise to make it a full on beast of a blaster, i wanna run on pump gas still though 92 octane, what size stroker, and i would have to trench the cases and what exactly does trenching them do? how would it compare to a stock banshee after all this? again i would get a banshee but there just to long to be trail quads, there at home in the sand. i also am just thinking about doing this and yes it would be a lot of money im guessing...

I wouldn't rebuild a motor with a stock crank ever! +3 has served me well! I need a longer swingarm and better rubber!!

I wouldn't rebuild a motor with a stock crank ever! +3 has served me well! I need a longer swingarm and better rubber!!

I would like to try a 3mm stroker one of these days. No need to yet though. No extra fun money yet either.

However... A stock crank winds high and tight! The factory cranks are also very high quality.The stock crank with an aggresive trail ported cylinder and re-chambered head is incredible.

Like I said before...one of these days I will try a 3mm stroker crank,but we're talking about .120 thousandths of an inch (1/8" of an inch) more stroke. It doesn't sound like much,but does it make that much of a difference? Is it noticeable? It seems like you would get more out of a gearing change. (one tooth).

I would like to try a 3mm stroker one of these days. No need to yet though. No extra fun money yet either.

However... A stock crank winds high and tight! The factory cranks are also very high quality.The stock crank with an aggresive trail ported cylinder and re-chambered head is incredible.

Like I said before...one of these days I will try a 3mm stroker crank,but we're talking about .120 thousandths of an inch (1/8" of an inch) more stroke. It doesn't sound like much,but does it make that much of a difference? Is it noticeable? It seems like you would get more out of a gearing change. (one tooth).

As far as a difference? I have nothing to compare it to as my first build I decided to go with that, and haven't looked back! I also run 14/40, 20x9 rears and do have to shift a bit more than I did with the 13/40 set up!
It's been said that +3crank with porting to match will give ya about 5HP. That's noticable IMO! I can't prove those numbers on paper but-My ass dyno says WOW!

My plan is to try the piston boost port next (as I mentioned before). I'll see if I can squeeze it in on my next day off...whenever that is (in the next 6-7 days?) I've "heard" and "read" that piston boost ports on a banshee add around 4-6 hp. I wonder what it will do to a single cylinder blaster? Enough of this "heard about it"",and "read about it crap". I'll actually do it,then report my findings. If I can rig up some good lighting,I'll try to make a video on "how to do it" for everybody.

scotj: what instructions are needed as you throw one of your modded cylinder heads across the busco sand on it's maiden voyage ?

shall i continue ?[/QUOTE]

he threw it in the sand like garbage. civic might not take the time or have all the equipment to make an intake look like a baby's perfectly semetrical smooth ass

Last edited by a moderator:
My plan is to try the piston boost port next (as I mentioned before). I'll see if I can squeeze it in on my next day off...whenever that is (in the next 6-7 days?) I've "heard" and "read" that piston boost ports on a banshee add around 4-6 hp. I wonder what it will do to a single cylinder blaster? Enough of this "heard about it"",and "read about it crap". I'll actually do it,then report my findings. If I can rig up some good lighting,I'll try to make a video on "how to do it" for everybody.

Always good stuff from ya!