exhaust leak!!!!!!!!

If there is no gases or smoke spitting out of there it should be ok, but spooge will definatly find that leak.

Just a thought did you fit up the top exhaust fitting to the frame first.

The pipe could be out of alignment and need a mod to that top mounting.

If there is no gases or smoke spitting out of there it should be ok, but spooge will definatly find that leak.

Just a thought did you fit up the top exhaust fitting to the frame first.

The pipe could be out of alignment and need a mod to that top mounting.

well water was bubblin from there too, so i would imaginge exhaust was comming out there too. and i tried everything with the top mount. i had the same idea that it might be out of line, but got nothin. still leaking exhaust from both places.

Remove that top mounting bolt, it might just be pulling it up out of fit up.

You can always fab a different mount.

Fit the pipe up without that top mounting on. Tighten up the flange bolts whilst jiggling, tighten each one just a liittle bit evenly until the fit up is even. If your gasket is good, and you have some sealant in there, and you are not running out of thread, it should not leak.

You may need to modify the top mounting to get the pipe to seal well.

When I fitted up my DMC Alien it would not fit without modding the top mounting.

I have no spooge, and I run 25:1 fuel oil ratio, lots of oil.

Clean the outside of flange, inside of pipe and use silicon on it also. As to your carb issue, if you try tuning to a cold engine you are only chaseing your tail. Only adjust/tune with engine fully warm. If you have to have to run choke half out or blip the throttle during warm-up, so be it. I have never worried about idleing cold, hardly care when warm :eek:

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!! it still LEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! i spend 5 hrs in my garage trying to make it not leak! i grinded the flange so its complety flat, and bent the part of the flange that connect to the pipe. but still leaks. owelll time wasted. its runnin a lot better now, and the choke auctally raises the idle, and its no longer idleing high, but still leaks. i know what i have to do now, so as soon as i gwt that gasket, im not gonna mess around anymore, and do it onece and for all!!!! lol

nope. still cant find it any where by me lol. i got it to hold air really good, but as soon as i got it on the exhaust port and fired it when the choke was on, it poured smoke between the flange and head. so the gasket will fix that. i couldent tell if the smoke was also comming from the fitment of the pipe and flange, but i noticed a tiny drop of some smooge come out. so i kinda know its leaking there too at least the carb problems are getting better as the pipe gets better! thats a +

Last edited: