exhaust leak!!!!!!!!

so i heated the flange up, and banged it so it was somwhat flat, than grinded the edges, so it is flatter now, and it helped A LOT! probs better than when i had the crappy gasket on(btw it dident fit, so i cut it to make it fit, and just sucked. worked a little tho...) so ima have to wait to get the gasket material, than auctally make a muy bueno gasket.

heres another question. since the flange is leaking, i also see black oil dripping down between the flange and cylinder. and its kinda a lot. im runnin 32:1, and always have, and the previous owner b4 me did too. could my jetting be way to rich? when i had the stock pipe on, this never happened, and i have never changed that gas in the take yet from when i switched the pipes. also whem i first start it, it revs high, than slows down after like 1-2 mins. and when i put the choke on. the idel decreases a lot. the ideling high only started happen after i put the 320 in from the 310. other than the oil leaking from the flange and idle high whe it first starts, its running great and has plenty of power! what could it be? or should i even worrie about it?

Last edited:
they will usually idle a little high when they're cold.

double check that the air boot is tight, and that it is not cracked anywhere. you may need to go up a size on the pilot

that oil is going to come out of the exhaust either way. you didn't notice it with the stock pipe because it didn't leak.

Black spooge is quite a normal occurance if the exhaust fitment is not perfect, even a good fit up can leak sometimes.

It will not cause any performance problems, unless you can feel any air blowing out of the exhaust.

Richer jetting does cause more spooge, but if you have no exhaust gas leak, and can live with the spooge, leave it alone.

If it was idling good until you swapped to the #320, you may have a small air leak somewhere, re check your fit up.

It may idle high until it warms up, and 32:1 is a good fuel ratio to run.

The #32.5 pilot jet should work well with your setup, with the screw 1 - 1 1/2 turns out. But adjust it with the engine hot.

i wasent able to find the silacone, but i have a memeber sending me some exhaust gasket material that i will traace and use that. and yea the exhaust is leaking bad wherei can feel air and smoke come out, and its quite a bit! i just moved the airscrew out to 1 turn out, and it seemed to help. with the idle when its cold. and the choke now makes it run higher idle. ima try it 1 more time again to make sure its good. and there is no leak. i leaked tested it last night and it held. minus the exhaust gasket. i had to hold it there for the needle not to move lol. but it held for a good 2 mins b4 my fingures started to break lol.

If there are gases and smoke coming from the fit up it may affect the idle, and also the running as the pipe will not be working as it should and providing the correct back pressure.

yea i figured that out already! lol it was bad b4 i "fixed" it, and there was no powerband. now since it is a lot better, but still leaking, i can fell the powerband a little, and i had to turn the idle up. after it was runnin ok, but as soon as i switched to the 320 main from a 310, it idled very high when i started it, than went back to normal when it warmed up, and is running better... so i should wait to get the exhaust complety sealed br i touch the carb or anything?