engine seized????

scottishblaster

Jan 25, 2009
scotland
took the blaster out for a spin on soaking wet grass pitch the bike was bogging down alot as the grass was so wet eventually it just died and when i tried to kickstart it again the kick lever was rock solid and wouldnt budge a bitX(
anyone have any idea's what it could be im crapping myself here incase it a big repair bill

the repair bills always get bigger when you don't listen to your bike.. if it's bogging, running funny etc..something is wrong..an airleak..a jetting change..a $5 problem just becane a $120 problem.

HEY LISTEN! .. I recently installed brand new piston and cylinder, but when i should start it.. the kickstarter was ROCK solid.. i could stand on it! .. no movement atall.. so i took it apart.. nothing wrong with the cyl piston... It was the crank that somehow was jammed in the case? It wouldnt start to move before i took the entire cases apart.. I had scraped at the bottom and the topsides... I never found out why it did it.. BUT i did notice a little play in the crank bearings.. so maybe that was enough to vibrate it to hit and then jam.. I am currently rebuilding the entire motor.. change ALL bearings.. I have grinded the case where it hit and a little more since im installing a stroker crank.

So you actually need to remove the cylinderkit to see if it is the piston that is jammed.. otherwise with the cylinder off and still jammed..its the crank and or bearings..

HEY LISTEN! .. I recently installed brand new piston and cylinder, but when i should start it.. the kickstarter was ROCK solid.. i could stand on it! .. no movement atall.. so i took it apart.. nothing wrong with the cyl piston... It was the crank that somehow was jammed in the case? It wouldnt start to move before i took the entire cases apart.. I had scraped at the bottom and the topsides... I never found out why it did it.. BUT i did notice a little play in the crank bearings.. so maybe that was enough to vibrate it to hit and then jam.. I am currently rebuilding the entire motor.. change ALL bearings.. I have grinded the case where it hit and a little more since im installing a stroker crank.

So you actually need to remove the cylinderkit to see if it is the piston that is jammed.. otherwise with the cylinder off and still jammed..its the crank and or bearings..

thanks for the heads up im going to strip it down over the next few days and try and fix it
thanks for the help guys anyone have any other idea's

It´s a pain in the ass... Its my first blaster and first rebuild.. i guess i bought it with a worn engine.. cylinder and bearings... So now im rebuilding... fresh bore and new bearings and crank..

But i must say... I really hope normally a Blaster can run for SOME TIME! after a rebuild.. becaues theeese 2strokes definatly require some maintenance and dollars! ..

But I really hope this is only something needed to be done minimum every 2 years.. otherwise it will be a very expensive hobby.......

And im not even a pro driver.. i just have my blaster for fun and small rides and what not..

I begine to understand why the future is 4 stroke! .. someone i know that works in a cylindershop... had a diesel 4 stroker van... it had run 600.000 km, thats about 375.000 miles.... and he has prescision measurement tools for borings..I mean PRO stuff from he his work, but some of the piston rings where finally snapped after 3750000miles.. but now comes the crazy part... he couldt even measure ANYTHING worn in the bore... still as new! because 4stroker and no ports/ holes in the cylinder etc.. its a valve system ... its crazy! So thats why they are so incredible reliable..

I love my Bimmer (330Ci) .. but i also love my 2pot Blaster.. I just hope im gonna get some great hours on it..I have actually only been driveing it 2-3 times.. then the rebulild.. and so far the rebuild including crank and whatnot will properly be around 2000$...

It´s a pain in the ass... Its my first blaster and first rebuild.. i guess i bought it with a worn engine.. cylinder and bearings... So now im rebuilding... fresh bore and new bearings and crank..

But i must say... I really hope normally a Blaster can run for SOME TIME! after a rebuild.. becaues theeese 2strokes definatly require some maintenance and dollars! ..

But I really hope this is only something needed to be done minimum every 2 years.. otherwise it will be a very expensive hobby.......

And im not even a pro driver.. i just have my blaster for fun and small rides and what not..

I begine to understand why the future is 4 stroke! .. someone i know that works in a cylindershop... had a diesel 4 stroker van... it had run 600.000 km, thats about 375.000 miles.... and he has prescision measurement tools for borings..I mean PRO stuff from he his work, but some of the piston rings where finally snapped after 3750000miles.. but now comes the crazy part... he couldt even measure ANYTHING worn in the bore... still as new! because 4stroker and no ports/ holes in the cylinder etc.. its a valve system ... its crazy! So thats why they are so incredible reliable..

I love my Bimmer (330Ci) .. but i also love my 2pot Blaster.. I just hope im gonna get some great hours on it..I have actually only been driveing it 2-3 times.. then the rebulild.. and so far the rebuild including crank and whatnot will properly be around 2000$...

The reason that motor lasted so long is because its a diesel, not because its a 4 stroke. MOST 4 stroke gas motors wont last nearly that long. Usually 200,000 miles or a little more if maintained well.

Yeah you´re right.. the diesel last longer due to more oily-mix and generelly lower revolutions ..

But it was just an example.. But the extreme reliability /durability is something you can connect to a 4 stroker. . . .

As one of my friends always say (former pro MX driver) : 2 stroker is very funny WHILE it lasts! :)

Yeah you´re right.. the diesel last longer due to more oily-mix and generelly lower revolutions ..

But it was just an example.. But the extreme reliability /durability is something you can connect to a 4 stroker. . . .

As one of my friends always say (former pro MX driver) : 2 stroker is very funny WHILE it lasts! :)

i get what you mean it is a very expensive hobby
thats why im hoping to sell the blaster in a few months and get a yfz450 or an ltr

if you guys think its exspensive to build a 2 stroke than wait till you buy those 4 strokes and you have to rebuild them there at least triple the money on a rebuild theres 5 times as many moving parts to wear in a 4 stroke

Maybe.. but the engine will last way longer.. no wear in cylinder bore etc..

the thing you have more on 4 stroke is valves and camshaft.. ive never heard of wear on thoose parts.. Besides you dont have to mix oil/fuel .. I think that is a cool feature.. It´s a shame that you have to remove that feature on the Blaster to keep it reliable..

Maybe.. but the engine will last way longer.. no wear in cylinder bore etc..

the thing you have more on 4 stroke is valves and camshaft.. ive never heard of wear on thoose parts.. Besides you dont have to mix oil/fuel .. I think that is a cool feature.. It´s a shame that you have to remove that feature on the Blaster to keep it reliable..

all the parts that you mension deffinatly wear measure a now cam lobe than measure one that is used and you will see wear it may only be a few thousands but when it comes to performance those few extra thousands of lift can win or lose a race