Engine flooding

Topher9545

May 6, 2015
Hey guys, I just rebuilt the lower and the top end of my blaster (all wiseco) and I'm having a terrible flooding problem. It kicks over first kick if I'm holding the throttle wide open, lots of smoke and it's basically acting like the choke is on. I rebuilt the carb with a freedom country ATV kit and at first I suspected that the needle and seat was no good and letting gas run right through it so I cleaned and replaced with the stock one. I checked the float height and adjusted and it's still doing the same thing. While it's running, if i turn the gas off at the petcock and wait a moment it runs really good for about 10 seconds until it leans out and starts to over rev. At that point I kill it. Help me out guys! I have a 260 main jet, stock pipe, dg silencer and tors eliminated as well as oil delete.

Cylinder head and base bolts are tight, exhaust isn't clogged and besides the main jet the rest of the carb is stock.

I just went out and did a compression test and it's exactly at 120 but what's funny is the spark plug looks like it is brand new never used? It's still shiny white no gas on it.

Yes the reeds are brand new. I'll put the 230 in but I thought that it has no effect on the idle?

what spark plug?
airscrew setting?

B48ES and the air screw is 2 turns out. I turned it up to 3 but no difference. It will not idle at all I have to hold the throttle wide open and its a makes it a bit of a slow idle. I just put the 240 jet back in and also the stock pilot screw. No diffidence... very confused here. Starts first kick no choke.

Are you sure the slide in the carb is operating correctly? What do you have for air filter? Lid on, off, holes? Main jet should not affect idle

Are you sure the slide in the carb is operating correctly? What do you have for air filter? Lid on, off, holes? Main jet should not affect idle

Right now I have nothing hooked up to the carb because I'm trying to work on it though I will have no air box lid with a uni 2 stage filter. The throttle lever pushes in about half way before it picks up the slide, the slide seems to be moving correctly though, I haven't got around to adjusting out the slack. Would this/why would this affect the idle? Thanks.

Whoops :oops:

Least ya figured it out !!

When trying to tune you have to have everything hooked up as you will be using it, PIA at times but necessary.