engine compression?question

x-man

Jan 28, 2016
Without doing a compression or a leak down test what are the signs that my blaster engine is having compression problems btw i no that a 2stroke owner should have a leak down tester but i just havnt gotten around to ording one off eBay its just being lazy going to get one asap tho but ya what signs would I see?

hard starting if it starts at all.
then will randomly die and not start
loss of power ect
it needs to have enough pressure to go KABOOM

its about 30bucks for a compression tester
you can get 1 at a autoparts store,or wherever your comfy gettin 1, i would buy locally that way you could actually take it back, hint hint i can tell $ is a issue i bet you can even rent 1 at a autoparts store then take it back for full refund,but that is the lowest you can go :eek:
also it is about 30bucks for a shop to test it your choice lol:)
mine is still going strong:)

its about 30bucks for a compression tester
you can get 1 at a autoparts store,or wherever your comfy gettin 1, i would buy locally that way you could actually take it back, hint hint i can tell $ is a issue i bet you can even rent 1 at a autoparts store then take it back for full refund,but that is the lowest you can go :eek:
also it is about 30bucks for a shop to test it your choice lol:)
mine is still going strong:)
ya uv got a point but want riding on Friday was out for about an hour and a half not when I got back and loaded it in the truck I noticed was missing a mounting bolt for the silencer but no biggie just need to get a new boat and got home next day pulled it out power washed it started looking for a boat to put in looked at it I realized the grommet was loose looked up by the head and realized the flange was loose the hanging bolt for the header was loose I tightened everything down and put the bolt in but I didn't start it because I was concerned about the compression so that's why I asked I'm not sure if that would actually affect the compression if the compression is only the cases to the Head And if the flange and the header actually has anything to do with that. ??

start with the obvious if the exhaust is effed up it will deffinetly effect it
the header especially it should be sealed up nice,either new gasket on header or the rtv method/or both.
a exhaust leak at header pipe is consider a airleak by the way:)
in my experience it happens alot on 2 strokes either it be a blaster or yz250 ect
maintenance on these off road vehicle is High maintenance,kinda like women:eek: