E-Brake Sensor Removal?

Mosca

Apr 7, 2010
Hello, need some help again. I rebuilt an 05 blaster, new crank, new top end, installed TORS overide kit, installed oil block-off, put a new Tusk clutch kit in. I was just trying to ride it and it wont hit powerband, just puts around but wont really hit the top-end. I believe its the parking brake sensor malfunctioning, but it seems like it could also be that its not getting fuel from the main jet. I read somewhere else that the 03+ blasters have a different needle than the earlier models but I dont think I believe that, does anyone know for sure? I may very well have put a needle from an older one in this quad, I have a bunch of misc stuff laying around and could have easily put a diff needle in. However, if it is the e-brake sensor, can anyone tell me how to disable it? I have found some other threads but they are (as usual) very unclear and written in a way that is hard to understand, if somone could give me clear concise directions as to how to disable it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Really? Wont that tell the system that the ebrake is on? If I pull it out at the handle bar, the pin will extend, as though the e-brake is engaged, no? Then it will definately cut spark over idle/low rpms. I thought I had to disable it by cutting the wires or something, but I'm not sure if the wires would then need to be spliced together. My understanding is that if the ebrake is off, the bike wont spark/start, but if its left on, it wont rev above a certain limit? Am I wrong about not being able to start the bike with the ebrake disengaged? If I am, then I guess I can unplug the sensor, tape the pin in, and see if it works? I would still like to completely disable the e-brake system no matter what, as I am going to be putting on a block-off kit and getting rid of it altogether.

Thanks!

Thanks man, I will give it a try. Do you, or anyone else, know how to fully disable it for good though?

So I pulled the E-brake sensor out, this is what it looks like with the pin extended, so isnt that going to tell the system that the e-brake is engaged?

Attachments

• ParkingBrake.jpg
    ParkingBrake.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 144
Ive seen a couple other threads where people talked about this, but most of the respones are along the lines of "rip out the wiring for the e-brake sensor", what I am looking for is the specifics, can I simply unplug the sensor wire where it connects under the hood? Really need help on this, sorry to keep asking same question, but someone must know. Thanks in advance again.

Alright, thanks, I saw that thread but wasnt sure I understood it fully, so what I am getting this time around is to just disconnect the e-brake sensor from the clutch perch, then disconnect it from the connector under the hood and toss the whole thing, this would disable the e-brake sensor?

Alright, thanks, I saw that thread but wasnt sure I understood it fully, so what I am getting this time around is to just disconnect the e-brake sensor from the clutch perch, then disconnect it from the connector under the hood and toss the whole thing, this would disable the e-brake sensor?

I never took mine all the way off, but that would clean it up nicely. As far as disabling it tho, just unplug it at the harness under the hood. (like brando said)